Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master bus with Calf plugins - crash [sort of SOLVED]
Hello!
I have a problem with Calf plugins. Every time I try to insert a Calf plugin on master bus, Mixbus crashes. It's a project specific issue. It just happens to one project. Is there any solution? Thank you very much.
(06-09-2018, 03:27 PM)stepaan Wrote: Hello!
I have a problem with Calf plugins. Every time I try to insert a Calf plugin on master bus, Mixbus crashes. It's a project specific issue. It just happens to one project. Is there any solution? Thank you very much.

Like I wrote in the other thread: if it's only this one project, the fastest way is to use the Calf rack and insert it from the master bus.

MMM
Thank you for the reply. Does it mean I have to send and return from the mixbus' master? Going to try it.
This is a dump from the terminal if it helps...

Failed to register port "Monitor/midi_out 1", reason is unknown from here

(mixbus32c-4.3.19:2895): glibmm-ERROR **:
unhandled exception (type std::exception) in signal handler:
what: unable to create port: failed constructor

But anyway... Thanx for the tip on the Calf Rack.
(06-10-2018, 05:05 PM)stepaan Wrote: This is a dump from the terminal if it helps...

Failed to register port "Monitor/midi_out 1", reason is unknown from here

(mixbus32c-4.3.19:2895): glibmm-ERROR **:
unhandled exception (type std::exception) in signal handler:
what: unable to create port: failed constructor

But anyway... Thanx for the tip on the Calf Rack.

Looks like glibmm is the culprit. Maybe re-install glibmm and maybe Mixbus when you have time.
MMM
Solved (sort of). I figured out that this error ocures only when I turn on the monitor section. It has something to do with the first line of the dump I posted before (Failed to register port "Monitor/midi_out 1", reason is unknown from here). So workarounds are to use the Calf Rack or to turn off the monitor.
(06-16-2018, 05:02 PM)stepaan Wrote: Solved (sort of). I figured out that this error ocures only when I turn on the monitor section. It has something to do with the first line of the dump I posted before (Failed to register port "Monitor/midi_out 1", reason is unknown from here). So workarounds are to use the Calf Rack or to turn off the monitor.

Yeah, glibmm can't create the port, so it is missing in the next step. Hence my recommendation. But good on you that you can finish your project Smile

MMM