Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming of audio files when layering
Hi Mixbus users,

Two questions:

1. When I record a new track the name of the audio file appears on the waveform in the editor. However, I noticed that the audio file name does not necessarily match the name of the track itself. For example, if the track name was "snare_top", the resulting audio file would initially be called "snare_top.1", which is good. But, when I rename that track to "snare_bottom", and rerecord on the same track, the audio file is still being called "snare_top.2". would have expected "snare bottom.1" or something like that.

Could you help me to understand how to have more control over the audio file naming so that I can keep it consistent with my track name?

2. When recoding layers using multitracks (drums). All of the successive layers get named appropriately (e.g., kick-1.1, kick-2.1, kick-3.1, and so on). However, my snare layers alway display the exact same name no matter how may layers I have (e.g., snare.2, snare.2, snare.2, and so on). Of course this makes editing very difficult as I can't easily distinguish between takes.

Could you tell me if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks everyone,
Allan
(05-13-2018, 10:30 AM)alcamp Wrote: Hi Mixbus users,

Two questions:

1. When I record a new track the name of the audio file appears on the waveform in the editor. However, I noticed that the audio file name does not necessarily match the name of the track itself. For example, if the track name was "snare_top", the resulting audio file would initially be called "snare_top.1", which is good. But, when I rename that track to "snare_bottom", and rerecord on the same track, the audio file is still being called "snare_top.2". would have expected "snare bottom.1" or something like that.

Could you help me to understand how to have more control over the audio file naming so that I can keep it consistent with my track name?

2. When recoding layers using multitracks (drums). All of the successive layers get named appropriately (e.g., kick-1.1, kick-2.1, kick-3.1, and so on). However, my snare layers alway display the exact same name no matter how may layers I have (e.g., snare.2, snare.2, snare.2, and so on). Of course this makes editing very difficult as I can't easily distinguish between takes.

Could you tell me if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks everyone,
Allan

bump