Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plugin not found (different distro)
greetings!

i have a session with steve harris's valve saturation ladspa plugin on one of the mixbuses. when i open that session in a different linux distribution from where it was originally written, i get a plugin not found error, and it's replaced with a stub.

however, the swh-plugins package IS installed, and i can insert a new instance of that plugin in the session.

any clues about what might be going on here?

thanks much... cheers!
.pltk.
My immediate thought is that the plugin is installed in a different folder on the other distro.

Be sure to check what folders Mixbus is scanning in Preferences->Plugins->VST and actually verify that the plugin exists in those folders.
Welcome to Zombocom
thanks, nikolaus!

it's a ladspa plugin, not VST, and it lives in /usr/lib/ladspa in both distros.
also, i can see and add the plugin within Mixbus on both distros... Mixbus in the second distro just can't seem to load the existing instance in that session.

weird. Tongue

....oooops, sorry for the noise! i checked the session file, and see that it's actually the LV2 version there, but the second distro only has the ladspa version of swh-plugins, so that's what i have installed.

i'll have to go hunting for an LV2 package, or just switch to the ladspa version in the session...
Hmm. You might try sending us the session and a link to the ladspa plguin.

I could try it on my distro here (Debian 9) and see if it recognizes the plugin in that particular session.
Welcome to Zombocom