Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summing Digital / Riwire with Reaper
Surely you already thought about doing a Summing using an analog console. But now imagine if this is possible using a DAW that emulates the console itself?
In this video we teach in practice how you can do this "Summing Digital" using Harrison Mixbus and Reaper.
Vídeo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaOdpEvWQic
(04-25-2018, 11:53 PM)Homestudio Livre Wrote: Surely you already thought about doing a Summing using an analog console. But now imagine if this is possible using a DAW that emulates the console itself?
In this video we teach in practice how you can do this "Summing Digital" using Harrison Mixbus and Reaper.
Vídeo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaOdpEvWQic

Hola Ademir

cute to hear in Brazilian !

I did not know we have rewire in Mixbus,
I would consider Jack ..
Feels good to see active Mixbus users in Brasil

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
I was wondering: Is the audio quality in realtime playback in Mixbus the same as if i would do an expor/render ? does all the effects run on the same quality level? Without knowing anything about it I always thought its a very good estimate but the ultimate quality would be an export... ?
Hi !

How mixbus32c emulates the console/desk Harrison 32c ?

Thanks !
Win 7 x64(Desktop), Win 7 x32(two Laptops) and Win 8 x64(Laptop)

Audio-interface :
  1. Soundcraft analog mixer [USB]
  2. Komplete Audio 6 [USB]
  3. Roland Adirol [USB]

mixbus32c
(04-26-2018, 04:26 AM)calimerox Wrote: I was wondering: Is the audio quality in realtime playback in Mixbus the same as if i would do an expor/render ? does all the effects run on the same quality level? Without knowing anything about it I always thought its a very good estimate but the ultimate quality would be an export... ?

That would be very nasty. If your export sounds differently then it will be because you have chosen parameters which change the sound, normalisation sometimes has effects, too and so on.
If you do a plain export, import and phase flip it, it should null when it's at the correct level and time position.

MMM
(05-06-2018, 04:15 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 04:26 AM)calimerox Wrote: I was wondering: Is the audio quality in realtime playback in Mixbus the same as if i would do an expor/render ? does all the effects run on the same quality level? Without knowing anything about it I always thought its a very good estimate but the ultimate quality would be an export... ?

That would be very nasty. If your export sounds differently then it will be because you have chosen parameters which change the sound, normalisation sometimes has effects, too and so on.
If you do a plain export, import and phase flip it, it should null when it's at the correct level and time position.

MMM

good idea making a nulling test, will try that asap...
confirmed! doing the nulling test with my project: absolute silence Smile
(05-09-2018, 08:38 AM)calimerox Wrote: confirmed! doing the nulling test with my project: absolute silence Smile

Thanks for doing it for us all Smile
MMM
Thanks !
Win 7 x64(Desktop), Win 7 x32(two Laptops) and Win 8 x64(Laptop)

Audio-interface :
  1. Soundcraft analog mixer [USB]
  2. Komplete Audio 6 [USB]
  3. Roland Adirol [USB]

mixbus32c