Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering pin connections per plugin
It would be useful if the custom pin connections made for a plugin are remembered for the next use.
I just tested using Red Zepplin Drums with 9 crossed patched pins, and Fab Filter L2 with pin changes.
Saved session, closed MB32C and reopened... both plugins recalled the pin config.
What plugins have you found that don't ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
All of the Voxengo plugins I tried, like the dynamic EQ GlissEQ for instance. This is under Linux if it matters, so it means that these Windows plugins are using a VST bridge, in the case linVST. Let me try again to confirm.
I took a couple of screen shots to demonstrate.

First the plugin is loaded on the master bus, The monitoring connection which was 3+4 instantly vanishes. Audio is gone.

Then some pin connections are removed to get stereo only so that it becomes possible to choose 3+4 again. Otherwise Mixbus will show a connection grid instead.

Audio is back. Then the plugin is deleted. In doing so the monitoring 3+4 vanishes again and has to be selected once more.

Then the plugin is put again on the master bus:

If you put elephant in, set it up and then just save and recall does the pin cross patch recall?
Deleting the plugin will remove all memory of it, so thats not a valid test path for save and recall of pinouts.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I see what you mean. I actually just did it a few moments ago as I saved a session with several Voxendo plugins properly set up. I recalled that session and everything was OK.

But then, in that OK session, I deleted the Elephant plugin and then put it back in place. Same problem with the pin out and the monitoring options vanishing. So even though the session loaded all right with the modified pin connections kept as they were made, removing a plugin and putting it back in place did not show that the pin configuration was saved for that plugin.

Cheers.
I dont see how you could recall a profile for a deleted plugin, bypassed yes, but the data management to save every preset for every plug in all instances would be vast.
(04-19-2018, 06:28 PM)Dingo Wrote: I dont see how you could recall a profile for a deleted plugin, bypassed yes, but the data management to save every preset for every plug in all instances would be vast.

I'm afraid I don't get the essence of what you're saying.

Cheers.