Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert Fader Automation Curve to Region Gain Curve
I've poured over the manual and not found a way to do this, although I can copy the automation curve and paste it elsewhere on the same track.

I understand that I can draw curves on a region that will be pre everything, but would like to be able create automation curves using the faders and have them applied to the regions so they are pre compression to be able to use the same faders again post compression.

I am using a control surface and I've found I can loop the song with everything in touch mode and get all the track balances tweaked much faster than drawing curves in the editor. Right now I have to export stems and then import the stems to accomplish the same effect.

i like this method because I can use less compression to even things out but can tweak the post compression sound as needed to emphasize certain notes or for dramatic effect.

Is there a way to copy/convert the automation curve that I'm not seeing? Could this be accomplished with an lua script?
It is not currently possible to copy automation between the fader and the region-gain line. We might consider how to do that, someday in the future.

There is a Lua script which takes your fader settings, and applies them to an automatically-created "trim" plugin ( actually the plugin is called "Amp", I think ) Currently the script only applies the static fader value to the trim control. It could be extended to copy the fader automation into the trim automation. Then you could move the trim ("Amp") to the top of the plugin list, and it would be applied before the other processors, as you desire.

Maybe Nik can help you with that in the "Mixbus customization -> Lua" forum.
(03-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: ...Currently the script only applies the static fader value to the trim control. It could be extended to copy the fader automation into the trim automation. Then you could move the trim ("Amp") to the top of the plugin list, and it would be applied before the other processors, as you desire.

Maybe Nik can help you with that in the "Mixbus customization -> Lua" forum.

Thnks Ben! That would serve my needs well.
(03-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Maybe Nik can help you with that in the "Mixbus customization -> Lua" forum.

This sounds like a most interesting forum to follow! However, I cannot seem to find it. Could you please provide a link?
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(03-27-2018, 11:00 PM)Lexridge Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 10:27 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Maybe Nik can help you with that in the "Mixbus customization -> Lua" forum.

This sounds like a most interesting forum to follow! However, I cannot seem to find it. Could you please provide a link?

It's a sub forum of "Mixbus Customization and Remote Control", the link is under the description Smile

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/forum-14.html
(03-28-2018, 08:12 AM)superb Wrote: It's a sub forum of "Mixbus Customization and Remote Control", the link is under the description Smile

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/forum-14.html

Cool! Thank you superb.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit