Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd edition of "Mixing Secrets"
Yesterday from Mike Senior, the announcement of a 2nd edition of "Mixing Secrets" :

"I've been illicitly beavering away on a writing project for several months now, as I wasn't sure how long it would take to turn out, but I can now officially announce: the Second Edition of Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio is about to enter production! I've updated and expanded every chapter, including answers to hundreds of questions I had about the First Edition, as well as whole new sections on things like haptic devices; advanced metering and EQ tools; rebalancing mixed samples; master-buss processing; top-down mixing; and the mastering process. There are loads of new producer quotes too, and I'll be overhauling all the web resources in due course as well. I'm pretty stoked to have submitted the main text, since it's been a bigger job than I'd expected it would be. So many new things to write about! It's only just entering production at the moment, though, so won't appear on shelves until at least September, I'd have thought, what with typical publishing lead-times."

He also holds a book cover design contest.
Very cool to see. I mix songs from his site all the time. I've done dozens of them.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
And here's what could be the cover of the 2nd edition.

There's a lava lamp, so all bases are covered.

Such an excellent book, practical and useful information from cover to cover. I'll buy the second edition just as a thank you to Mike for writing the first Wink

Hope some graphically-minded person can incorporate some Mixbus into a cover proposal. It's the coolest looking DAW mixer by a long shot!