Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I got Waves plugins working
I notice there are a lot of questions about, and problems with Wave plugins and there's a lot of information out there, that may or may not work. It took me 2 whole days before I had figured it out, but I have my Wave plugins working, and working well!
I did this under Windows 7 and Windows 10, but I did it on a clean system, a freshly installed Windows, with a freshly installed Mixbus. (In other words, the system wasnt 'dirty', from installing and uninstalling other software, that might have altered thing within Windows)

This is how I did it:

1- Install your Wave plugins.
2- Open Mixbus and go to preference > VST
3- Check 'Scan for new VST Plugins on Application Start' and set the scan time to maximum (5 minutes).
4- Now close Mixbus, start it up and create a new session and click start
5- Let Mixbus run it's scan and do NOTHING!
(If a search window pops up, asking for a folder destination, just close it, DO NOT ASSIGN ANY FOLDERS!)
6- Be patient and let Mixbus complete the process.

And when Mixbus is done scanning and opens the session window, your Wave plugins should be available from the plugin menu.

It's that simple! Tongue

I hope this will help some people who are struggling with getting their Waves plugins installed. For me, this way always works and I havent had any issues with Waves plugins, whatsoever!
Cheers!
Maarten

- The meaning of life, is to give life meaning. - (A. A. Lucassen)

Win10(x64)
MSI Z370-A Pro, Intel i7-8700 @ 5GHz, Corsair 8GB @ 2400Mhz, MOTU 828mk3FW (+ 2x MOTU 2408mk2 via ADAT), Adam T7V
I think this is what I've done too. I've not had any issue with mine.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Yes but if later you want to install a new waves plug the cache folder has to be cleaned first.
(03-03-2018, 03:13 PM)Demious Wrote: I notice there are a lot of questions about, and problems with Wave plugins and there's a lot of information out there, that may or may not work. It took me 2 whole days before I had figured it out, but I have my Wave plugins working, and working well!
I did this under Windows 7 and Windows 10, but I did it on a clean system, a freshly installed Windows, with a freshly installed Mixbus. (In other words, the system wasnt 'dirty', from installing and uninstalling other software, that might have altered thing within Windows)

This is how I did it:

1- Install your Wave plugins.
2- Open Mixbus and go to preference > VST
3- Check 'Scan for new VST Plugins on Application Start' and set the scan time to maximum (5 minutes).
4- Now close Mixbus, start it up and create a new session and click start
5- Let Mixbus run it's scan and do NOTHING!
    (If a search window pops up, asking for a folder destination, just close it, DO NOT ASSIGN ANY FOLDERS!)
6- Be patient and let Mixbus complete the process.

And when Mixbus is done scanning and opens the session window, your Wave plugins should be available from the plugin menu.

It's that simple! Tongue

I hope this will help some people who are struggling with getting their Waves plugins installed. For me, this way always works and I havent had any issues with Waves plugins, whatsoever!

This worked for me, as well. Mixbus32C-8 Windows 11.
If your Waves plugins load but suddenly seem frozen and unresponsive (and maybe they become responsive when you alt-tab away and then back to Mixbus 32C) --- this is a clue that there maybe be a video card related issue.

I own a very fast machine with a premium NVidia gaming card, with current drivers. It shouldn't be a problem, but it is -- only with Waves plugins in Mixbus 32C.

If you have this specific issue:

Right click on desktop > NVidia Control Panel > 3d Settings : Adjust image settings with preview

It defaults to "Let the 3d application decide" but if you change it to "Use my preference emphasizing:" PERFORMANCE --- this will solve that problem and your Waves plugins will run fine in Mixbus 32C.

If you look into it you can set that on a per-application basis, but that's too much to write here. This is enough to get you up and running if you have this problem.
(05-02-2022, 08:26 PM)Junkyard Sam Wrote: It defaults to "Let the 3d application decide" but if you change it to "Use my preference emphasizing:" PERFORMANCE --- this will solve that problem and your Waves plugins will run fine in Mixbus 32C.

Thanks - that was a simple solution!
(05-02-2022, 08:26 PM)Junkyard Sam Wrote: If your Waves plugins load but suddenly seem frozen and unresponsive (and maybe they become responsive when you alt-tab away and then back to Mixbus 32C) --- this is a clue that there maybe be a video card related issue.

I own a very fast machine with a premium NVidia gaming card, with current drivers. It shouldn't be a problem, but it is -- only with Waves plugins in Mixbus 32C.

If you have this specific issue:

Right click on desktop > NVidia Control Panel > 3d Settings : Adjust image settings with preview

It defaults to "Let the 3d application decide" but if you change it to "Use my preference emphasizing:" PERFORMANCE --- this will solve that problem and your Waves plugins will run fine in Mixbus 32C.

If you look into it you can set that on a per-application basis, but that's too much to write here. This is enough to get you up and running if you have this problem.

The problem I am having was 90's to 100% dsp usage in mixbus but not on my computer....it's 12th gen, win 10 ltsc with a motu 828 mk3 hybrid [firewire]....cubase and protools work find....I have noticed  some crash logs nvidia mentioned....i will run with this suggestion and see what happens...also I have installed win 8.1, wooooo, fast with gen 12 intel i7 cpu...only issue was no driver for 2.5g lan....use a lan with usb 3.2, perfect...strange thing is that mixbus doesn't screw up in win 8.1....thx again for the info...