Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to delete automation lanes ?
5 automation lanes were used for a track. Later on during the mix, all except one becomes unneeded. How to delete the four remaining ones so that 'Show existing automation' for that track does not still show 5 lanes ?

Cheers.
Switch Edit Mode to 'Contents Tool' aka 'Internal Edit Mode'.
Use this tool to highlight and then delete automation break points or entire channel of any automation lane needed.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hmmm... I have the proper edit mode enabled. Pressing the delete key while the lane is selected, as shown below, does not delete the lane. It will show up again when doing an 'Show Existing Automation'. While none of the context menu options deletes the lane. I'm certainly missing something.

Cheers.
Whilst in 'Contents Tool' mode, mouse hold over the area of breakpoints you want to delete, they will go red... hit delete key.
To completely get rid of an automation lane, simply delete EVERY breakpoint (there will be one created automatically at head when you hit play with write on).
X the empty automation lane and it will not show again when you 'show existing'.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I also do a rt. click on the automation track header and hit clear if I am deleting all automation for that lane and then close it. It doesn't come back up when 'show existing automation' is selected.
Win 7-64/Dell Precision Dual Quad 3ghz/20gb-MX v5.3/32C v8.2.170-RME UFX/RME ff800
At this point a screen shot is needed. The lane in question is the plain fader lane, in the yellow rectangle. This is the full session length, the playhead being at the end. If needed I can provide a full screen shot showing the markers, but preferred for now to only show the relevant tracks. As far as I see it there are no automation data points for that lane.

According to the principle that no data means that the lane will not be shown when asking for 'Show Existing Automation', that lane should not be shown. But it is.

The next automation lane below is for the same track and has to do with a send to a bus. That one is used.

(01-24-2018, 05:39 PM)Dingo Wrote: Switch Edit Mode to 'Contents Tool' aka 'Internal Edit Mode'.
Use this tool to highlight and then delete automation break points or entire channel of any automation lane needed.

Hi Dingo,

So are we able to delete more than one point at a time? In other words can we highlight many points and than delete with one click?

Thx, jeff
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
(03-15-2019, 12:56 PM)owo Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 05:39 PM)Dingo Wrote: Switch Edit Mode to 'Contents Tool' aka 'Internal Edit Mode'.

Hi Dingo,

So are we able to delete more than one point at a time? In other words can we highlight many points and than delete with one click?

Thx, jeff
Yes Jeff, just click and highlight the range you want to delete, then use the delete key to remove.
(01-25-2018, 04:28 PM)jonetsu Wrote: According to the principle that no data means that the lane will not be shown when asking for 'Show Existing Automation', that lane should not be shown. But it is.

Use the zoom to scale option, Zoom out to 1 hour (or 8) to reveal your entire session, show fader automation, delete every break point, then X the fader automation window.
Show Existing Automation will no longer show the Fader lane.
(03-15-2019, 05:23 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:56 PM)owo Wrote:

Hi Dingo,

Thx, jeff
Yes Jeff, just click and highlight the range you want to delete, then use the delete key to remove.
Thx Dingo,

I cannot seem to get that to work...I have automated a section of audio and then need to go back and readjust it so I want to delete the several points that are already there all at once.

i must be doing something wrong...I use my range tool to highlight the area with the automation dots and then hit delete but then the audio section is then deleted...Sorry I must be missing something
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM