Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Midi workflow
Hi,
I'm just getting started with Mixbus, and trying to find the best way to integrate it into my workflow.

So far it seems that each time I want to play a midi track from my USB keyboard, I have to click on the switcher at the top of the mixer, and then select my USB keyboard. I then have to click the switcher again to access the VST. Once I've worked out my track I program the track using the editor. To then hear the notes I have to go back to the switcher again to disconnect the USB keyboard.

Am I missing something? This seems fairly complex / convoluted.

Any thoughts, suggestions, please let me know...
OK, so I've made some progress - it seems I can leave the USB keyboard connected on multiple tracks, and just turn the input on/off on each track as I need it.
This is slightly less mouse clicks, but still seems a little complex.....
OK, now I've worked out that you can 'record enable' a track and this enables midi keyboard input (and playing the song doesn't actually record anything - you need to hit record on the transport as well) - so that is a good workaround....
As the record enable button is on the track header, this works well (and streamlines my workflow considerably).

As always, problem is with me (taking time to figure out a new system) rather than Mixbus.
PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer) Big Grin