Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus Views
The option to save views (F1-F9) is very useful, but it appears that some things are not saved with these views.
In Editor view, I seem to want to turn off the Track Mixer (on the left) and right hand menus (for groups / tracks etc) quite often to maximise screen space, and then need them back (for editing / changing etc).
Please could these settings be saved in the views (so that a single keypress could show hide both).

Thanks
Also seems view settings aren't saved with a file (which rather limits their usefulness)
Yeah...agreed on the second point--I hadn't noticed the first, but the fact that I can't just save F1 and always use that....even in the same project file--that I have "reseave" it every time I open the session is....weird. I assume it's a bug? I mean, would someone really set up 12 different views, then be ok with them being wiped when they have to close MB and set them up again?

I only really want to use one....so, it's a mild annoyance to set it up every time, but unless it's a bug, I can't imagine setting up more....
The intent of "views" is to quickly save an edit location ( zoom, track scroll position, etc ) or three, and then move from one view to another quickly. This might help if you are copying lots of small pieces from one song take, to another song or take.

These saved views are not persistent. When you close the session, they are forgotten.

It is working as designed, but I agree it could/should become much smarter someday.
FWIW, my "one" could be address another way--it's effectively "show all tracks" and "zoom to session"--it's the 100% bird's view of the whole session. I find I need that on some sort of hot key....because I get zoomed in somewhere aligning....making an edit....whatever--and it's one button that puts it all back to "normal". Also--there's more CPU usage zoomed in, which can be addressed with better GPU calls, IME. Even the built in intel "on chip" graphics can be exploited to remove that bottleneck. Regardless--one of the reasons I'm in the habit of zooming back out when I'm done needing to be in tight.

I see now the purpose of them not being persistent. Thanks for the explanation.
I've been looking at the script commands here:
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-4332.html
You can script the commands to 'fit vertically' - i use this to 'minimise' the track height.
Editor/fit_32_tracks
Editor/fit_all_tracks
There are also zoom options that should do the horizontal zoom:
Editor/zoom-to-session ( Zoom to Session )
Editor/zoom_5_min
You should be able to put two of these in a script and assign to a button on the toolbar or a hot key.....

Found this in shortcuts:
Shift-underscore -----------Zoom to Session

You can probably change the key mapping to something more convenient if required?