Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user here- Best routing options for using IK Multimedia Arc 2?
Hello,
I'm a new user of Mixbus (Cakewalk refugee). I'm wondering if anyone is using IK Multimedia Arc 2 with Mixbus. If you are, could you explain how you're routing it? (i.e. Creating a monitor bus, straight onto the master, etc.etc.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Using an older ADK workstation, Win 7 64bit, Presonus Firepod 10
(12-04-2017, 09:52 AM)almeister_65 Wrote: Hello,
I'm a new user of Mixbus (Cakewalk refugee). I'm wondering if anyone is using IK Multimedia Arc 2 with Mixbus. If you are, could you explain how you're routing it? (i.e. Creating a monitor bus, straight onto the master, etc.etc.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Welkom
i am not using it , was wondering what it was.
Mixbus has a special monitor section, which comes after the master. Insert the plugin-m there in the processing section.
That is the proper place so it will not influence the master output

Regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(12-04-2017, 11:10 AM)Frank Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 09:52 AM)almeister_65 Wrote: Hello,

Hi Welkom
i am not using it , was wondering what it was.
Mixbus has a special monitor section, which comes after the master. Insert the plugin-m there in the processing section.
That is the proper place so it will not influence the master output

Regards

Frank

Thanks, I've been doing some reading and it seems the monitor section may be my best option but I was curious as to how others may be doing it.
I use ARC 2 for room correction and Sonarworks Reference 4 Headphone plugin for headphones. Only one is activated at a time. These plugins are inserted in the Mixbus monitor section like Frank already pointed out.
Tom
Intel i9-10920X @3,5GHz, 32 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2 TB, SSD 860 PRO 2 TB, SSD 870 EVO Plus 1 TB, Mixbus 32c 7.x, Nuendo, Reaper, WIN 10 Pro, RME UFX+, Ferrofish A16 MKII, Faderport 16, AOC Monitor 32", K+H O300, K+S Tiny C5, analog outboard gear (Tegeler RC Creme + RZM, SSL Fusion, Neve 511 ...)

(12-04-2017, 01:11 PM)dtb Wrote: I use ARC 2 for room correction and Sonarworks Reference 4 Headphone plugin for headphones. Only one is activated at a time. These plugins are inserted in the Mixbus monitor section like Frank already pointed out.
Tom

That looks like the way I'll be going. I'm at work now so I will have to try to set it up later. I believe my master outs are set too the main outs (L1/R2) of my FP10. From what I'm seeing in the manual, I can set the monitor outputs to those. Would I then mute the Master or set that to two outputs that aren't connected to my speakers?

Thanks for the help guys. Smile
(12-04-2017, 02:01 PM)almeister_65 Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 01:11 PM)dtb Wrote: I use ARC 2 for room correction and Sonarworks Reference 4 Headphone plugin for headphones. Only one is activated at a time. These plugins are inserted in the Mixbus monitor section like Frank already pointed out.
Tom

That looks like the way I'll be going. I'm at work now so I will have to try to set it up later. I believe my master outs are set too the main outs (L1/R2) of my FP10. From what I'm seeing in the manual, I can set the monitor outputs to those. Would I then mute the Master or set that to two outputs that aren't connected to my speakers?

In session properties select Use monitor section in this session
The monitor sections is automatically switched to your mon out

The master section get a monitor select button, where one can choose to enable or not the monitor section.

Exports are always done from the master out, so there are no worries that your monitor eq will interfere.

have fun

regards

frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(12-04-2017, 02:10 PM)Frank Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 02:01 PM)almeister_65 Wrote:
Tom

In session properties select Use monitor section in this session
The monitor sections is automatically switched to your mon out

The master section get a monitor select button, where one can choose to enable or not the monitor section.

Exports are always done from the master out, so there are no worries that your monitor eq will interfere.

have fun

regards

frank

Awesome, again thanks guys!
Just wanted to share that it worked great! Thanks again for the help. The manual is pretty helpful for most stuff but it's great to be able to get someones experience with a specific issue.