Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Session "/home/mclaudius1/Documents/jill (snapshot jill)" did not load successfully.
Why is this happening? I am experiencing this on both Linux and Windows on a new laptop I've just setup. Any hints greatly appreciated.

Mike
(11-23-2017, 12:01 AM)extension41 Wrote: Why is this happening? I am experiencing this on both Linux and Windows on a new laptop I've just setup. Any hints greatly appreciated.

Mike

Is there no one that have experience this with na session in Mixbus? Mixbus developer any clues or this just a generic catch all message? Example of environment differences that might be contributing:
- audio interfaces differences - recorded with Akai EIE (ASIO) , loading into MBox 2 Mini
- new laptop has latest version of Mixbus, recording done on previous version (either early v4 or last version in MB3).
- Msg received when loading project from 1TB external USB drive or local drive.

Thanks
Please send the session snapshot file ( the file ending in .ardour ) to our email support mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

If we can recreate the issue, we can likely fix the file. Sometimes this error is caused by Mixbus trying to open 2 audio ports with the same name. One example is when you have a track called "click" and this conflicts with Mixbus's internal click connections. New versions of Mixbus prevent that from happening, but it might be a carry-over from an old session.
Solved. Starting MB from a terminal, I was able to see from the system output that there was a problem allocating memory and that Guitarix was failing to load. Following instructions from
<a href="https://askubuntu.com/questions/237793/guitarix-amp-simulator-failed-to-allocate-memory-jackd">here</a>, I enabled realtime permissions for jackd, giving it the ability to lock down memory. After a restart, session loaded without issue.

M