Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Plugin to multiple tracks
Wondering if it is possible to add a plugin to multiple grouped or non grouped tracks? If so, what actions allow this? I have yet to figure out. Selecting multiple tracks and adding a plugin has not yet worked for me...

Thank you
You can just click drag the plugin to any other channel, so you could set basic parameters on one channel and then drag those to one or more other channels.
You can also drag a favourite plugin with settings to the Plugin in Fav window on LHS of Mix page, and then you have that ready to drag onto any other channel.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-03-2017, 07:03 PM)Dingo Wrote: You can just click drag the plugin to any other channel, so you could set basic parameters on one channel and then drag those to one or more other channels.
You can also drag a favourite plugin with settings to the Plugin in Fav window on LHS of Mix page, and then you have that ready to drag onto any other channel.

Thanks, I thought of doing that, hopefully there will be some batch way soon to apply multiple instances...
(11-03-2017, 11:15 PM)nequeso Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:03 PM)Dingo Wrote: You can just click drag the plugin to any other channel, so you could set basic parameters on one channel and then drag those to one or more other channels.

Thanks, I thought of doing that, hopefully there will be some batch way soon to apply multiple instances...

If you are wanting to clone the plugin on all those tracks, why not just set up an aux send, route all your wanted channels to that and only use one instance of the plugin, for less cpu overhead? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are wanting.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
If the plugin (or preset) is in your Favorites list ( on the left side of the mixer) then you can right-click on it, and say "add to all tracks".

See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXgQOVIJL8

There are plugins which use a "relay" component to send data to a single instance, which controls the processing on all relevant tracks. Neutron advanced works like this. They use relatively little DSP, because the relay is basically a send to the plugin on the master channel.
(11-06-2017, 12:31 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: If the plugin (or preset) is in your Favorites list ( on the left side of the mixer)  then you can right-click on it, and say "add to all tracks".

See this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXgQOVIJL8

I'm there in the plugin sidebar, but I can't seem to get this "add all tracks" option to show up. Does it still work?
(01-14-2021, 12:19 AM)amanamission Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 12:31 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: If the plugin (or preset) is in your Favorites list ( on the left side of the mixer)  then you can right-click on it, and say "add to all tracks".

I'm there in the plugin sidebar, but I can't seem to get this "add all tracks" option to show up. Does it still work?

Select the tracks (red frame) you want to insert plugins into. Right mouse on a plugin in the favorites list and select pre or post fader.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-14-2021, 01:56 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:19 AM)amanamission Wrote:

Select the tracks (red frame) you want to insert plugins into. Right mouse on a plugin in the favorites list and select pre or post fader.
Oh, I get it! Thanks.

Not clear on that vid - where is the dialogue for "add to all tracks" - ? In which window please?