Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help - home key does not go back to start of session anymore
Looking for the first time at the range list, I clicked on the 'use PH' and 'goto' and now when pressing the home key the play head goes to a marker instead of the beginning of a the session, as it used to. I see this can be a useful work flow feature but, how do you put the original behavior of the home key ?
(09-12-2017, 11:50 PM)jonetsu Wrote: Looking for the first time at the range list, I clicked on the 'use PH' and 'goto' and now when pressing the home key the play head goes to a marker instead of the beginning of a the session, as it used to. I see this can be a useful work flow feature but, how do you put the original behavior of the home key ?

I tried the same thing and my home/end keys still function properly despite it, on 32c 4.2. Can you elaborate a little more on it?
Welcome to Zombocom
Unfortunately not since I clicked here and there in the marker list. I'd like to get the home key back to its original behaviour eg. to go at the beginning of the session. Afterwards I can see how this mecanism works because it can be convenient to re-assign the home key to go to a specific marker when working on a mix.
So how does one revert the home key to its original behaviour ?
I'll create a support ticket.
It's not only the playhead. It's the concept of session start. Now the session start, as in importing tracks, is at that marker location and not at the beginning of the actual session.

I want the home key and session start to be at the beginning of the session. How is that difficult to do ?
Have you tried click+hold and dragging the start mark to where you want ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks. I found the start marker back at the beginning of the session. I should read in the user guide about assinging it temporarily to any marker.