Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Owsinski Inner Circle Podcast with Ben!
I've listened to Bobby Owsinski's podcast for a while now and I really enjoy them. So how cool is this when I check out this weeks episode with our very own Ben.

http://bobbyoinnercircle.com/176-ben-loftis/

Totally enjoyed it and Bobby seems really impressed!

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Thanks for the link. That link earns a 'Reputation' - in my opinion.
Big time...Bobby said he heard a difference in the first five seconds on Mixbus...that was really cool....
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(09-02-2017, 08:29 PM)doncolga Wrote: I've listened to Bobby Owsinski's podcast for a while now and I really enjoy them. So how cool is this when I check out this weeks episode with our very own Ben.

http://bobbyoinnercircle.com/176-ben-loftis/

Totally enjoyed it and Bobby seems really impressed!

Donny
Thanks for the link, what an enjoyable 50 minutes or so... Ben is a super ambassador for Harrison. He comes across as honest as the days long, a genuine knowledgeable person who loves what he does

Alan
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
Yeah, that was a good listen. More than interesting, it was useful - stuff came up that explained MB to me in ways I didn't know. Thanks for the link.
That's not fair ! My car is not in the car brands mentioned in Top 20 songs !

Ah, quite an interesting interview.
Bobby's podcast is really good. If you're not subscribed I'd highly suggest it. New episodes every Tuesday. Also Ian Shepherd's podcast is really good too.
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
This is very good, and to Ben, great interview! I have always appreciated your well spoken interviews and this one is top notch! Nice history on Harrison too, but I would have loved to have heard more. I must look at the the Harrison WiKi later. One thing that did disappoint me a bit, you never mentioned Ardour. You only said "this open source project". Perhaps they ask not to be mentioned, or some other reason. Anyway, you seem like a very intelligent and cool guy. Without you we would not have Mixbus. Thank you for Mixbus and helping put Linux on the audio forefront. I started following Harrison when I first heard of the X-Dubber and actually visited you guys a few times at NAB several years ago. I hated Ardour back then, and still booted to Windows ONLY to use Samplitude. Only because I was still familiar with it from my Amiga 500/2500 days. Anyway, Mixbus blows Samplitude out of the Ocean, and Ardour also.

P.S. I am the among the techie buyer group as I am sure you had surmised. Keep up the good work Ben and the great interviews too!

P.S.S. Is Harrison still using BeOS? Or all Linux now? Like you, I also did a long period of learning BeOS, but Linux made me stop haha!
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(09-04-2017, 01:49 AM)Lexridge Wrote: P.S.S. Is Harrison still using BeOS? Or all Linux now? Like you, I also did a long period of learning BeOS, but Linux made me stop haha!

BeOS was great! Unfortunately Apple and MS teamed up to destroy it.
MMM
(09-04-2017, 01:49 AM)Lexridge Wrote: P.S.S. Is Harrison still using BeOS? Or all Linux now?
Yes BeOS was great, ... I think they have been using Linux for many years now.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5