Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Mac OS do you guys use
I use el capitain
some time ago i do not remember the version : Like three or so (MB) i had some lag
when i opened several instances of MB plugin. Going to el Capitain solved that.
But that is not relevant anymore.

=-=-

I still have on my schedule to undress the OS, take away all handy tools like Itunes etc.
I use the machine purely for instruments on Mixbus(48)
regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
If I go back to El Capitan, I wonder how many of my apps will no longer work???
(08-11-2017, 12:37 PM)DannyB Wrote: If I go back to El Capitan, I wonder how many of my apps will no longer work???

Can test it but installing the os on a external drive and use it to test stuff, I rolled back to mavericks and everything is fine even Mixbus so far is performing better then it did on sierra and my older programs and apps work flawless as well. I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(08-11-2017, 12:37 PM)DannyB Wrote: If I go back to El Capitan, I wonder how many of my apps will no longer work???

I will have another machine that is more up to date so I can keep a good balance between new up to date things as well as a older machine that runs well with all my programs in general

(08-12-2017, 12:05 PM)mrskytown11 Wrote:

Can test it but installing the os on a external drive and use it to test stuff, I rolled back to mavericks and everything is fine even Mixbus so far is performing better then it did on sierra and my older programs and apps work flawless as well. I'm happy.

It's good to know you had no problems! That's promising!

The big question is, did you reformat and start fresh or did you just install the "New" old OS on top of Sierra??
(08-12-2017, 01:19 PM)DannyB Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 12:05 PM)mrskytown11 Wrote:

It's good to know you had no problems! That's promising!

The big question is, did you reformat and start fresh or did you just install the "New" old OS on top of Sierra??

Well I don't think apple lets you rollback on top of a os that would and could cause issues i did a fresh install. It was worth it since it's fresh and good to go, I started with lion but some things I have wouldn't support it but mavericks so far works with everything it's still supported by a lot of my apps minimum requirements and it runs good with stuff. I just have to keep it as is and keep it backed up. I don't really use it for internet just offline use after I updated apps etc. I find always updating to new os is a bad idea for production studios and I can understand why

I won't make the "major upgrade OS" mistake again. However, it seems kind of sad that after nearly a year of Sierra, we still have to downgrade our OS for this software to work properly. And to pour salt in the wound, Ableton Live 9 seems to work ok. And I don't know of a daw that I dislike the look of more than Live. Likewise, I don't know of a DAW that I like the look of as much as MB4 and 32C.
(08-12-2017, 01:24 PM)mrskytown11 Wrote: Well I don't think apple lets you rollback on top of a os that would and could cause issues i did a fresh install. It was worth it since it's fresh and good to go, I started with lion but some things I have wouldn't support it but mavericks so far works with everything it's still supported by a lot of my apps minimum requirements and it runs good with stuff. I just have to keep it as is and keep it backed up. I don't really use it for internet just offline use after I updated apps etc. I find always updating to new os is a bad idea for production studios and I can understand why

Just a quick question from an Apple newbie who happened to "inherit" an old white Macbook: where do you get the old installation DVDs/images? I mean that 2011 book is old enough to legally install Mavericks or even older but has to be wiped as there's a lot of garbage from user settings and updates etc. As a learner I want to start with a clean sheet Smile

MMM
Generally if you don't own a mac before, It feels like you can't. What I mean is, When there is new version released and you download it, Apple will save it in the purchase list of your account and you can grab it form there and make a bootable USB which is easy to do via terminal. However, I remember once I have managed to install directly from the internet and it took my mac all the way to the lion era. That is via firmware. So try that one. I'm not sure how I got there. I think I rebooted and command option R or command option F. Maybe it is option only I don't remember. You can get the info from the web.
@MMM, as of about 10.8 the installer changed to a download from the App Store. So if you haven't 'purchased' versions as they are released you can't easily get a download.
Use the About this Mac to identify what model you have, then just check for what version you can run .... http://www.everymac.com/

If the mac you have was shipped loaded with 10.10 and you just want to clean re-install... this may help.
(I'm pretty sure ?? that you don't need an apple ID to do this .... no comebacks your choice...)
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/04/make-...l-of-os-x/

Let us know how you go..
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(08-12-2017, 07:08 PM)Studio Saturn Wrote: Generally if you don't own a mac before, It feels like you can't. What I mean is, When there is new version released and you download it, Apple will save it in the purchase list of your account and you can grab it form there and make a bootable USB which is easy to do via terminal. However, I remember once I have managed to install directly from the internet and it took my mac all the way to the lion era. That is via firmware. So try that one. I'm not sure how I got there. I think I rebooted and command option R or command option F. Maybe it is option only I don't remember. You can get the info from the web.

Yes mine had lion os factory on the laptop it had mavericks laptop