Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Bus buzz/crackle
(06-22-2017, 07:38 AM)Owlmerlyn Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 02:43 PM)Sthauge Wrote: Hi

I have experienced similar sound/distortion in several sessions. I'm on Linux and it seems that restarting JACK and Mixbus is a solution in some cases, but I'm not quite sure in every cases. Haven't been able to isolate the cause and a workaround yet.

Steinar :-)

Btw, if you don't mind me asking... what hardware are you using? Just trying to isolate the cause.

I am using an RME Fireface 800

I'm only doing field recordings my selves that I copy from my Zoom H5 recorder into mixbus or I get prerecorded stems from others that I process for them. Therefore I have no need for a top notch interface. I only need a simple interface just to feed my active studio monitors and for that UFO202 from Behringer is good enough. I also use that for ripping of old vinyl recordings for restorations/remastring since it have a RIAA preamp.

That means that it's probably not the interface that is the cause for me. If I remember correct it could be on one channel and not on the other channels in the same session, but that I need to confirm next time I hear the noise.

Anyway, this is tricky to figure out. Since it only happen now and then for me, it's more complicated to identify the cause.

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 24.04, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(06-22-2017, 10:43 AM)Sthauge Wrote: I'm only doing field recordings my selves that I copy from my Zoom H5 recorder into mixbus or I get prerecorded stems from others that I process for them. Therefore I have no need for a top notch interface. I only need a simple interface just to feed my active studio monitors and for that UFO202 from Behringer is good enough. I also use that for ripping of old vinyl recordings for restorations/remastring since it have a RIAA preamp.

That means that it's probably not the interface that is the cause for me. If I remember correct it could be on one channel and not on the other channels in the same session, but that I need to confirm next time I hear the noise.

Anyway, this is tricky to figure out. Since it only happen now and then for me, it's more complicated to identify the cause.

Sorry for the late reply!

Yeah, it doesn't happen on all tracks, only a few. And I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Anyway, you are probably correct that it doesn't have anything to do with the interface.

"Field recordings"? What kind of recordings are you making (just curious)?
(07-16-2017, 02:32 PM)Owlmerlyn Wrote: Sorry for the late reply!

Yeah, it doesn't happen on all tracks, only a few. And I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Anyway, you are probably correct that it doesn't have anything to do with the interface.

"Field recordings"? What kind of recordings are you making (just curious)?

Hi

I've experienced this once again, and after restarted Jack and Mixbus it was Ok. So very difficult to say what this is and if there are problems with Jack or with Mixbus. Continuing investigating.....

You asked about "field recordings" and I'm just happy to answer that. Mostly it is choir concerts, but could also small group in their home turf. Just finished a trio recording now.

If you like an example, this is taken on a choir rehearsal before a concert. It's a sound demo, so it's 20 sec original/20 sec processed. The original is what was delivered by the XY mic on the Zoom H5 on a distance of ca 15 meters from the choir. The result is prepossessed a bit before final mixdown in Mixbus32C. Best listening experience on headphones: Demo choir rehersal

Steinar :-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 24.04, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface