Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Box HG2
Wondering if anyone is using it and if it's stable in MB. I had issues with it in other DAWS.
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(06-15-2017, 01:58 PM)rdesanti Wrote: Wondering if anyone is using it and if it's stable in MB. I had issues with it in other DAWS.

Works here.
Work fine! Win... but I cannot get some waves plugins to work. And when installed Melda plugins the older Melda plugins dissappeared..
Are you talking about the analog saturation plugin from Plugin Alliance? Works great for me (windows 10) (except that settings are not always saved - which is the case for many Plugin Alliance products)
(06-18-2017, 02:36 PM)Owlmerlyn Wrote: Are you talking about the analog saturation plugin from Plugin Alliance? Works great for me (windows 10) (except that settings are not always saved - which is the case for many Plugin Alliance products)

Demo'd it about 3 months ago - worked fine on my 2012 mac mini 2.3 I7 OS X 10.9.4- in fact I'm holding out for when it comes on sale - I loved that thing! (and all my plugin alliance stuff, I'm a huge fan). Never had any problems with losing settings - maybe a Windows thing?
(06-19-2017, 12:54 AM)Bart Wrote: Demo'd it about 3 months ago - worked fine on my 2012 mac mini 2.3 I7 OS X 10.9.4- in fact I'm holding out for when it comes on sale - I loved that thing! (and all my plugin alliance stuff, I'm a huge fan). Never had any problems with losing settings - maybe a Windows thing?

Yes, likewise a huge fan of the PA stuff. Just wish they weren't so pricey.

I got the Black Box on the intro sale price and yes I think its great. You need to play around with it to get to know it though. It works well in combo with the MB "sound", adding tube crunch to the tape saturation option from MB. I should come on sale within a few months again.

Btw, in terms of PA saturation plugs I also rate the Vertigo VSM-3 highly, and just now trying out Noveltech Karakter . Never been able to get into the SPL Vitalizer, though.

Yes, probably a windows thing as a few of us in the Windows forum have discussed it.
Music 
(06-19-2017, 09:05 AM)Owlmerlyn Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 12:54 AM)Bart Wrote: Demo'd it about 3 months ago - worked fine on my 2012 mac mini 2.3 I7 OS X 10.9.4- in fact I'm holding out for when it comes on sale - I loved that thing! (and all my plugin alliance stuff, I'm a huge fan). Never had any problems with losing settings - maybe a Windows thing?

Yes, likewise a huge fan of the PA stuff. Just wish they weren't so pricey.

I got the Black Box on the intro sale price and yes I think its great. You need to play around with it to get to know it though. It works well in combo with the MB "sound", adding tube crunch to the tape saturation option from MB. I should come on sale within a few months again.

Btw, in terms of PA saturation plugs I also rate the Vertigo VSM-3 highly, and just now trying out Noveltech Karakter . Never been able to get into the SPL Vitalizer, though.

Yes, probably a windows thing as a few of us in the Windows forum have discussed it.

Can't be that as I'm on a MAC. Going to try it again. It crashes Reaper and I use that too so I like have to insert BB to try in MB then remove it if I go to Reaper. So I will let you know how that works out. Thanks guys!
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(06-22-2017, 10:56 AM)rdesanti Wrote: Can't be that as I'm on a MAC. Going to try it again. It crashes Reaper and I use that too so I like have to insert BB to try in MB then remove it if I go to Reaper. So I will let you know how that works out. Thanks guys!

Hmm, seems like windows and Mac OS don't have the same problems with the plugins. Black Box works fine for me in Reaper