Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does the BACKSPACE key do?
Well, I know what it did to me but I looked through the keyboard portion of the manual and I saw no description for it.

I was starting to do my initial gain changes on my lead vocal using the Drawing Mode. I had previously made a cut on the track to correct a timing issue and when I clicked "D" on the keyboard the the Green gain line appeared across the timeline. I started dropping marks on it and made a couple of gain changes then decided that I wanted to zoom in some. I intended on hitting the "=" key but hit the BKSPC key by mistake. When I did that the green gain line disappeared on the right side of the split on the song in the session (this is a live recording which I recorded as one session.)

It showed back up on the next song and it was still visible to the left of the split that I had made earlier. But it just wasn't visible on the main section of that song. I stopped and restarted MB and still no luck. What did I do?

Ideas anyone????

I've attached a screenshot...

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't know what the backspace key does, but I know what the undo command does! Big Grin
(05-30-2017, 08:10 AM)retro Wrote: I don't know what the backspace key does, but I know what the undo command does! Big Grin

Do you know also what the undo does not undo?Smile
I'm hoping 32C V5 will have an UnHear command.Tongue
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

β€œIt did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(05-30-2017, 03:41 PM)bapu Wrote: I'm hoping 32C V5 will have an UnHear command.Tongue

I find the Unspill button has to come first - also known as RWIM (record what I mean).
Big Grin
MMM
TongueTongueTongueTongue
Well what'dya know...

I did try UNDO but I didn't UNDO far enough back. I had made numerous other changes trying to fix that problem and I must've done more than I realized. Freaked myself out!!!

Thanks guys. I'm humbled and contrite.
(05-31-2017, 07:26 PM)MikeA57 Wrote: TongueTongueTongueTongue
Well what'dya know...

I did try UNDO but I didn't UNDO far enough back. I had made numerous other changes trying to fix that problem and I must've done more than I realized. Freaked myself out!!!

In case you need a longer "undo" history, you know that you can set the "undo" count in the general preferences tab? :-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(05-31-2017, 07:26 PM)MikeA57 Wrote: TongueTongueTongueTongue
Well what'dya know...

That's one reason why I do a "Save" every time I make any kind of change. If I screw up something, I can always load one of the last backups to undo the screw.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch