Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn off send to master bus?
Can some kind person please confirm that if a track is sent to a bus do you then have to to turn off the master bus send on the track?

thank you...Smile
If you send a track to a mixbus you must turn off the master send, otherwise the track signal gets to the master twice. (parallel signals)
Study the signal flaw diagram, very helpful for understanding.

If you send a track to a bus that has some plugs in it you leave the master send on. For example a reverb on the bus has a small amount of signal (parallel signal) added to the track signal.

Another approach of explaining: the track signal out feeds the master as default, the bus signal out also feeds the master as default.
You can send the drum tracks to a lot buses with different effets (reverb, smack, eq: bus1, 2, 3, respectively) you leave the master send ON
If you want to have only one fader to handle the drum kit (all drum tracks with the sent buses effects) you send all the drums to bus4, and
turn off the master of all the drum tracks.

As to the diagram, it shows that the assigns (sends signal sent to a bus) is not a raw signal, but a treated signal with the track built in plugs, inserted plugs, panning an all.

Now I realized that I myself have not studied the signal flow well enough some things I have taken for granted. Thus one thing now I do not understand: Why the bus sends are not dry but fully tweaked? if I want to use the mixbuses for plugins. Would an option to send dry to the buses be foolish?
Please correct me if on any of it I am mistaken.
Thanks
Tassy
Thank you very much Tassy..the busses I use always have a plugin on them so I will leave the master send on...routing has always confused me...

thanks again..
(05-28-2017, 09:55 AM)shadowfax Wrote: Thank you very much Tassy..the busses I use always have a plugin on them so I will leave the master send on...routing has always confused me...

thanks again..

I also use the buses mainly for plugin effects and rarely for grouping because for grouping I use the group optionSmile and also only one fader handles all the members of the group.
I have room, plate, hall reverbs a smack and a delay (5 buses) on my template. still 3 remains for any other needs
(05-28-2017, 01:41 PM)Tassy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 09:55 AM)shadowfax Wrote: Thank you very much Tassy..the busses I use always have a plugin on them so I will leave the master send on...routing has always confused me...

thanks again..

I also use the buses mainly for plugin effects and rarely for grouping because for grouping I use the group optionSmile and also only one fader handles all the members of the group.
I have room, plate, hall reverbs a smack and a delay (5 buses) on my template. still 3 remains for any other needs

Cheers Tassy, thank you for your help..Smile
(05-28-2017, 04:03 AM)shadowfax Wrote: Can some kind person please confirm that if a track is sent to a bus do you then have to to turn off the master bus send on the track?

thank you...Smile

I don't want to steal your idea but that would be a great feature request to have a global parameter that says if I select a bus output on a track/aux and the master output is selected, turn off the master output.

A global parameter gives EVERYONE what they want depending on their workflow preference.

I for one would turn that option on.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(05-30-2017, 03:44 PM)bapu Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 04:03 AM)shadowfax Wrote: Can some kind person please confirm that if a track is sent to a bus do you then have to to turn off the master bus send on the track?

thank you...Smile

I don't want to steal your idea but that would be a great feature request to have a global parameter that says if I select a bus output on a track/aux and the master output is selected, turn off the master output.

But not every time you want that and it's really not too hard to press CTRL when activating the bus send - that switches all other sends off, including the master send.

MMM
(05-30-2017, 05:55 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: But not every time you want that
MMM
MMM,

I mean this with all due respect but how do you know what I want every time?

Maybe you don't want that everytime, but I do. And I don't want to have to remember the CTL key.

But thanks for "your" thought. Tongue
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(05-30-2017, 05:59 PM)bapu Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 05:55 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: But not every time you want that
MMM
MMM,

I mean this with all due respect but how do you know what I want every time?

Maybe you don't want that everytime, but I do. And I don't want to have to remember the CTL key.

But thanks for "your" thought. Tongue

Hehe I didn't write "you, Bapu". I wrote "you" as in "you and me". I could have written "not everytime everyone wants that on every channel" - better?
If you do not want to remember the CTRL key you miss out of many options and shortcuts which are made available with it. Tongue

MMM

P.S.: But if your heart hangs on this option just write a feature request.
(05-28-2017, 09:29 AM)Tassy Wrote: If you send a track to a mixbus you must turn off the master send, otherwise the track signal gets to the master twice. (parallel signals)
Study the signal flaw diagram, very helpful for understanding.

If you send a track to a bus that has some plugs in it you leave the master send on. For example a reverb on the bus has a small amount of signal (parallel signal) added to the track signal.

Thanks
Tassy

Hi, first post here.

I feel daft but where do I turn off Master Send?

I've been grouping all instruments to buses (as I though that was the idea of Mixbus). When I do that, the volume increases. Is this because I'm sending the signal to the master bus twice?

Thanks,
Janne