Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitor Coolness
A couple of years ago, I mentioned it'd be great to be able to add plugins to the Monitor section. And that happened. And it was good.

Having used the Monitor plugin to add a headphone correction plugin for a while now, I of course found that I sometimes (ok, often) forgot to turn the plugin on and/or off when I switched between monitoring on headphones (like after the kid is in bed) and using external monitors.

Today, I found I could use another cool feature to work around this.

I put my headphone plugin after the fader on the monitor.
Then, I opened the pin connection dialog for the headphone plugin and created a second instance of it. This creates a Monitor section with 4 channels.

The first instance works normally, processing channels 1+2.

The second instance is set up to be bypassed - the inputs skip it and go directly to the newly created 3+4 pins.

Finally, I routed the Monitor outputs to send channels 1+2 of the Monitor to the headphones on my audio interface, and pins 3+4 to my external monitors.

Now, I can just leave the headphone correction enabled, and the right signal goes to the right place. Since it's all post-fader, all the Monitor functions work correctly.
Sweet. I had wondered if this was possible and if so how to do it. Thanks for the tip. Smile
Is there a headphone monitor LV2 plugin for Linux?
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(05-14-2017, 10:00 PM)Lexridge Wrote: Is there a headphone monitor LV2 plugin for Linux?
Zam plugins has one: http://www.zamaudio.com/?p=976