Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting Blind A/B Test Between SONAR PC modules and Mixbus 32C
(05-09-2017, 07:51 PM)bapu Wrote: And then again maybe I just don't care any more.Tongue

That's less time consuming Smile
Anyway, I could imagine that there's a difference between raw tracks fed and premixed through a DAW and then imported into its "competitor" and raw tracks fed directly.
So if you want to repeat the test: Take reaper, mix your stems and feed them into Sonar as well as into Mixbus, set up the respective tape sat, make sure the master bus levels are exactly the same, then export (and normalise, just to be sure). Have people listen back in a media player.

MMM
Hahaha this is hysterically funny, I use the DAW for the workflow, and the easy way to get a good sound.
What DAW you use is a personal taste, you can get any DAW sound amazing, if you good what you doing,
Mixbus is very forgiving, and easy to get to sound good.
If you do a test it must be with exactly same setting in In both of them, Same values on EQ and Compressor,
same level all over, then maybe it will be a fair comparison ;-)
Mac Pro i7 3,4Ghz (Hackintosh)| OS X 10.12.6 | 16GB | 500GB SSD/2TB SATA | Interface: Audinst HUD-MX2 DAC | Mixbus 32c & Mixbus 4| Russell Cottier Mixbus Controller | OLLOaudio Play2Me Headphone System |