Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 4's hidden feature that beat everybody else to the punch
Hi all ,

I love Mixbus 4 's ability to tempo map and I think it's pretty cool ...

The one thing that has stared me in the face the whole time" hidden in plain sight " is this
Once Mixbus 4 was given the ability to tempo map Mixbus became the first DAW that I own and use that has the ability to allow me to set my
bar one of my song anywhere I want in the projects time line ....

For me as a musician who has been trained in the past ...this is a big deal ...

I did a little experiment this afternoon just to be sure I'm not talking smack

I took a prerecorded Mixbus 4 song , moved the tempo map to where I wanted my bar one to be in the project . Then I armed a new audio track , engaged the metronome , hit record and started recording my Tele ...

Here's what happened ...
The metronome didn't start until bar one ( which I was OK with )
my guitar was recorded to my surprise in the open section before bar one ..
to be sure I exported my little Mixbus 4 experiment and everything showed up musically as I had expected

I am very happy about this new feature because nobody has seemed to have mentioned this yet ...this is why I'm gushing ..lol

IMHO this is a revolutionary feature for a DAW to have ...
No other DAW that I own has this feature yet

The ability to freely select where I want my bar one of a project is a big deal for me ...often times the music I play and record has pick up measures before the song hits bar one and the traditional song structure
For the first time the math of the song structure is gonna add up correctly

any way heres a' pic

Thank you Harrison for implementing this new feature in Mixbus 4
IMHO it is a real game changer

all the best ,

Kenny

That is the shizz Kenny
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Perhaps even more amazing: that feature was developed largely outside Harrison by an open-source contributor ( Nick Mainsbridge )

And -that-, in my opinion, is another killer feature of Mixbus.....

-Ben
(04-28-2017, 06:45 PM)bapu Wrote: That is the shizz Kenny

Hi Ed ,
Yes , I'm super happy that Mixbus 4 has the ability to tempo map .
Being able to set my projects bar one where I want while having the ability to play introductory music and phrases before bar one has blown my mind ..

(04-28-2017, 09:59 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Perhaps even more amazing: that feature was developed largely outside Harrison by an open-source contributor ( Nick Mainsbridge )

And -that-, in my opinion, is another killer feature of Mixbus.....

-Ben

Hi Ben ,

WOW, even Nick's last name " Mainsbridge " sounds super serious like he was born to come up with new innovative killer DAW features ...

I'm very happy and grateful to have found out that Mixbus 4 will allow me to set my projects timeline to taste . The tempo map itself I will have to dive into deeper once I regain my bearings ...lol

Hey Nick Mainsbridge ! where ever you are , thank you thank you thank you .

all the best ,
Kenny
Yep...the simplest of concepts when considered from the math perspective which simply eluded me as to why this hasn't been commonplace in all DAW's.

I'll digress before further rambling as a simple chime in for another great aspect of Mixbus.
Digital Performer has it since some time…and tap tempo too…

Great that Mixbus has it too :-)

Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
(05-01-2017, 11:54 AM)Brianiac5150 Wrote: Yep...the simplest of concepts when considered from the math perspective which simply eluded me as to why this hasn't been commonplace in all DAW's.

I'll digress before further rambling as a simple chime in for another great aspect of Mixbus.

+1
Thank you for your comment .

(05-01-2017, 04:18 PM)Klaus Wrote: Digital Performer has it since some time…and tap tempo too…

Klaus

Oh that's cool , I didn't know about Digital Performer having this feature ...
Learn something new every day ...
..................................................................................................
In other news ,
I am very impressed with Mixbus's ability to tempo map .It wasn't my desire to give that awesome feature a back seat ...
There are many times in my creative process where I end up working in a non linear fashion ..I love that Mixbus will allow me to set my song start and end points any where's I want within my project ...
The last tune I posted had an intro that was very rubato that I liked yet, most folks did not care for it .
I was able to set my songs points and tempo map the section of the song that folks liked correctly . Then it was a piece of Cake to just export that section ....

cool beans ,

Kenny
(05-01-2017, 04:18 PM)Klaus Wrote: Digital Performer has it since some time…and tap tempo too…

Klaus

Yeah, so has Pro Tools. But hey, doesn't matter, it's in Mixbus and that's cool Smile