Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splitter feature in Pin Connection Interface for parallel plugin processing??
Is this possible for MB4?

I really find this feature effective in S1

Would this be easy to implement into mixbus??

Regards
Craig

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's a nice idea, but I'm sorry: this is not on the short-term ToDo list.

In Mixbus "pin connections" is a zero-copy operation. There is no processing overhead just mapping buffers. It does not take any DSP load.
Splitting signals and adding a gain-factor does introduce DSP overhead: copy audio-data, apply gain factor etc. It's conceptually different and more like a meta-plugin or modular environment.

It's currently not impossible to achieve the same in Mixbux (e.g. using aux-busses), but not very convenient, either.
I've found the easiest way to do parallell compression at the track leve is duplicating the track, with linked playlists. Or eventually, using compression plugins with a dry/wet button. At leat as it is now.
I would like to see a mixer plugin just inserting itself automatically when you want to join several channels into one, but I can understand they're focusing on other things right now.

I'm currently trying out parallell compression on the bus level, but this requires being able to use VCA faders for riding the tracks, when you have groups of instruments you wnt to ride together. Ben promised they'll work at it, so I'm waiting anxiously. :-)