Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi channel VSTi
When I want to record the track in Mixbus with the good sound. For example I want record the violin in real time when Mixbus play the piano, how can I hear the sound of the violin in channel two ?
maybe you had to chosse disk in the input section of your violon in the channel 2
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
Hello Ivanoff, you know what ? All the features are ok from the beginning but I didn't know we must change the midi number channel from the keyboard. In the other daw I can stay in channel one and is the channel daw who make the relation from the midi track : channel 1 -> Ch2, Channel 1 -> Ch3 etc.
(04-11-2017, 10:27 AM)Lylo Wrote: but I didn't know we must change the midi number channel from the keyboard.
I'm not sure to understand your comment.....
I must choose the out midi channel 1 on my keyboard for channel 1 of the vsti, on my keyboard I must choose midi channel 2 for channel 2 for the vsti and the same thing for each channel.
I can not change the channel with the midi track in Mixbus but with the midi channel of my master keyboard.
(04-11-2017, 04:06 PM)Lylo Wrote: I must choose the out midi channel 1 on my keyboard for channel 1 of the vsti, on my keyboard I must choose midi channel 2 for channel 2 for the vsti and the same thing for each channel.
I can not change the channel with the midi track in Mixbus but with the midi channel of my master keyboard.

ok, I see what you mean, but if you
choose channel selector -> Inbound -> Force all channels to 1 channel and check channel 1, and same thing for midi track 2,3,.....and arm your Midi track, then click the play button you can hear the instrument in your midi track with other midi tracks. When it's good you can record. So you can play the violin and hear the piano.Tongue
Hope I'm clear, and maybe you have already find the solution...
Hello Ivanoff,

yes, it's a normal feature.
So I progress but it's always with issues. Now I understand how record each track in right channel from master keyboard only in channel one but I can't hear the good sound in real time. Sometime I have the sound of channel one for channel two in record or simply no sound, but when I I'm in play mode the sounds are right (I make my test in Sampletank 3).
It's better but I certainly make anothers mistakes because I don't have the good process, I want hear each channel of the vsti with the each assigned tracks in real time.
Tomorrow perhaps ? Big Grin
(04-12-2017, 11:46 AM)Lylo Wrote: Hello Ivanoff,

yes, it's a normal feature.
So I progress but it's always with issues. Now I understand how record each track in right channel from master keyboard only in channel one but I can't hear the good sound in real time. Sometime I have the sound of channel one for channel two in record or simply no sound, but when I I'm in play mode the sounds are right (I make my test in Sampletank 3).
It's better but I certainly make anothers mistakes because I don't have the good process, I want hear each channel of the vsti with the each assigned tracks in real time.
Tomorrow perhaps ? Big Grin

Don't forget, when you use your keyboard you have to choose "In" at the top of the track, when you want to listen you have to choose "disk"
channel selector

to play

to record

Yes, It's ok for me, I understand that. Smile
For my issue I find a solution, I insert a midi pluggin utility, the "Midi channel Map" and I assign each channel from channel one.
When I put the channel selector as your picture I always have channel one for the output (any channel select in playback go to channel one).
So I think it's a bug.
(04-12-2017, 12:19 PM)Lylo Wrote: Yes, It's ok for me, I understand that. Smile
For my issue I find a solution, I insert a midi pluggin utility, the "Midi channel Map" and I assign each channel from channel one.
When I put the channel selector as your picture I always have channel one for the output (any channel select in playback go to channel one).
So I think it's a bug.

In the picture it's only for Midi Track 1, for Midi track 2 choose 2.
And the VSTi must be open in a Midi Bus , not a Midi track.