Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Linux Studio Plugins with Mixbus [SOLVED]
Are the Linux Studio Plugins (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lsp-plugins/) compatible with Mixbus4 (64 bit)? If so, which version should I use?

When I download and unpack the VST versions and put them into my home/.vst folder, Mixbus does not see them at all (yes, I did rescan and I have many other working plugins there).

Whan I download and unpack the LV2 version and put it into my home/.lv2 folder, the plugins are shown but when I try to add them to track, absolutely nothing happens. They don't appear in the track and there is no error message.

Coincidentally, can the directory for LV2 plugins be configured in Mixbus? I don't see such option in the preferences (only configurable path is for VSTs).
Hi fuxoft,

I am using LSP plugins (lv2 version) in Mixbus v4 on AV Linux (64bit) and they works great. I put them in /usr/lib/lv2/

Best

Drazen
(03-16-2017, 01:41 AM)Drazen Gara Wrote: Hi fuxoft,

I am using LSP plugins (lv2 version) in Mixbus v4 on AV Linux (64bit) and they works great. I put them in /usr/lib/lv2/

Best

Drazen

Hmm, I did precisely that (putting them into /usr/lib/lv2/), I re-scanned plugins, I was able to see all of them but trying to add any of them had no effect whatsover.

Then I tried restarting Mixbus and it worked.

So you have to restart Mixbus, re-scanning plugins is not enough!