Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C EQ automation does not work ?
It looks like today I did a lot of mixing. So here's the latest. 32C low gain automation does not seem to bite through.

Start:

A bit later:

As I reopen the project today the description of the automation is missing. Eg. "EQ Lo Gain" is not shown. Nor the 'Play' status. This might an indication of something not recognized, somewhere.

UPDATE: This was a matter of resizing the automation track height. Once resized appropriately, the data is shown. However, the automation does not take place, as demonstrated later in this thread.
jonetsu
I checked the automation, everything works perfectly. Do not forget to include EQ, Here is a small video of my checks
https://yadi.sk/i/YAWKQflR3FuZ76
Thanks for the demonstration. To confirm, here is a screen shot that includes the EQ switch.

The screen shot was taken after the song was played since a little bit before the automation starts. The playing started before the automation. I then stopped the playing to take the screenhsot with the current value.

Now here's one taken right after that, after I moved slightly the playhead and pressed enter to start playing at the current location which was in the middle of automation:

It can clearly be seen that if the playing starts before the automation starts then the automation is not observed but if the playing starts when the automation has already started then the automation is onserved and acted upon accordingly.

I could make a movie clip about this although I do not have any software to do so in Linux. The behaviour is always the same, this is very constant. No automation if the piece plays from the beginning. Automation works if the playign starts from within the automation, and the values will change to what was programmed.

I cannot see what I'm doing wrong.

This is too bad for audio export.
(03-15-2017, 06:06 PM)jonetsu Wrote: I could make a movie clip about this although I do not have any software to do so in Linux.

Off topic, but you can install RecordMyDesktop, and the GUI for it, qt-RecordMyDesktop for most distributions via your app manager. It works very well, and also optionally will record audio. Works with ALSA and Pulse, but I have not tried it with JACK.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
These duplicate lines in the lane look very strange. Maybe a bug due to "touch"?
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...p?aid=1016 the "flat line" wins.

Can you right-click in the header and "Clear" then re-create the automation and check if the problem persists?

If you can find a recipe how to produce these duplicate lines, that'd be useful, it looks as if the last point in the line is "warped" back to 0, maybe a playhead-rewind while touching automation? Did you write the curve with a control-surface?
Thanks. Clearing it and re-creating it makes it now work. I tried somevariation using touch, but the problem cannot be recreated. Next time I do automation I'll pay more attention to the steps I take. I would like to use a control-surface to write automation, like the Faderport I have. But it seems it cannot currently be sued to do so.

(03-15-2017, 10:58 PM)Lexridge Wrote: Off topic, but you can install RecordMyDesktop, and the GUI for it, qt-RecordMyDesktop for most distributions via your app manager. It works very well, and also optionally will record audio. Works with ALSA and Pulse, but I have not tried it with JACK.

Not really off topic - thanks, I'll give it a try as soon as I upgrade the box to the current Linux Mint KDE release. I do not see the point in installing/trying software before that - should be very soon. I'm a bit weary about this, possibily with audio software that will not work and needs tweaking, but it has to be done, the version I use now is getting old.