Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does Mixbus alter sound? (solved)
I did load a soundfile (wav), which was output by my DAW, into Mixbus. When listening to the sound of this file in Mixbus I was negatively surprised: it sounded ugly, like it was constantly heavily compressed (or limited) and the sound quality was also poor. I'm 100% sure I did not apply any effect on this file. (I did listen immediately after I created the new project.) So what can be the cause? Does it have to do with some default settings in Mixbus? Thanks for any light shed on this!

I use Mixbus 3.7.20 Intel 64-bit with MacOS El Capitan.

(02-10-2017, 06:05 AM)bijlevel Wrote: I did load a soundfile (wav), which was output by my DAW, into Mixbus. When listening to the sound of this file in Mixbus I was negatively surprised: it sounded ugly, like it was constantly heavily compressed (or limited) and the sound quality was also poor. I'm 100% sure I did not apply any effect on this file. (I did listen immediately after I created the new project.) So what can be the cause? Does it have to do with some default settings in Mixbus? Thanks for any light shed on this!

I use Mixbus 3.7.20 Intel 64-bit with MacOS El Capitan.

Well, sorry for this post! I made a big mistake myself. I did load this file as mono, while it was a stereo file! So now everything sounds as it should be.