Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Routing drums to individual tracks.
I guess that's the end of the help then...
(01-07-2017, 07:41 PM)x42 Wrote: While it's not yet directly possible in Mixbus 3.7. The next version of Mixbus does have a built-in feature to fan-out multi-channel instruments to tracks or busses with 2 mouse-clicks..
A teaser https://vimeo.com/191024580

Meanwhile you have to manually add tracks (or busses) and use the routing-grid as shown in Tassy's video. Personally I find it easier to use Menu > Window > Audio Connection Manager and batch connect. YMMV.

How cool is that!
(01-12-2017, 12:57 PM)Fezzler Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 07:41 PM)x42 Wrote: While it's not yet directly possible in Mixbus 3.7. The next version of Mixbus does have a built-in feature to fan-out multi-channel instruments to tracks or busses with 2 mouse-clicks..

Meanwhile you have to manually add tracks (or busses) and use the routing-grid as shown in Tassy's video. Personally I find it easier to use Menu > Window > Audio Connection Manager and batch connect. YMMV.

How cool is that!

cheers mate..can't wait for the next version..hope it can accomadate ezkeys also
(01-13-2017, 02:20 PM)shadowfax Wrote: ..hope it can accomadate ezkeys also
One can dream, can't one?

Whilst I'm at it, can I dream that a UAD or Plugin Alliance plug that used a preset can retain those settings from reopen to reopen of the project?Huh
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest

Replying old thread. Is that fanout to tracks available now in Mixbus, I could not find it?
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!
Fanout is available,
Add a new MIDI TRACK, in configuration window select for example; 'Red Zeppelin drum kit' MULTI.
Plugin setup window then shows option for Output configuration.
Automatic is the default, use the pull down menu to show 9 outs and check the fan out button.
That will produce 8 new tracks, a MIDI instrument channel plus five mono instruments and two stereos fanned out as 7 channels.
Just note that you may need to de-assign the MIDI instrument channel from the Master / or Mixbusses as it doubles up with the first two outs.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
It is a pity that what possible in MB3, is not possible in MB5.2
The routing option of multichannel MIDI instruments for audio tracks to record is a MUST, if a daw wants to use MIDI!
Why it was removed is a wonder for me.
Another wonder is why it is not reinstalled after a lot years.
I have never been able to use EZdrummer in MB at all.... (not lack of knowledge)
MIDI in MB is at the age of the square wheelSmile Sad
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(04-08-2019, 04:26 AM)Dingo Wrote: Fanout is available,
Add a new MIDI TRACK, in configuration window select for example; 'Red Zeppelin drum kit' MULTI.
Plugin setup window then shows option for Output configuration.
Automatic is the default, use the pull down menu to show 9 outs and check the fan out button.
Thanks!
Linux veteran and music novice
Follow inspiration, not trends!
hey Shadowfax ! Russel Cottier just put up a video on his youtube channel showing SD routing in mixbus, have a look see !