Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When comes the next version.
Hi,
Mixbus 32C could be a very good DAW. There is still a lot missing.
Again and again important functions for version 4.0 are promised. When comes this version. Dodgy

HPM
When it's done?

That's my hope.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Working hard on it. While I'm not in charge of releases, the report from the development deck indicates that it won't be ready this year.

Spoiler: That x-mas present box of yours does not have Mixbus 4.0 in it. Keep ratting the box it must be something else Smile
(12-14-2016, 04:06 PM)x42 Wrote: Working hard on it. While I'm not in charge of releases, the report from the development deck indicates that it won't be ready this year.

Spoiler: That x-mas present box of yours does not have Mixbus 4.0 in it. Keep ratting the box it must be something else Smile

Mixbus surround edition?
MMM
You guys are requesting Surround for Post production right? not for Music.
I'm really hoping that they release a 3.8 before 4.0, with fixes for plugin-alliance and Softube. I'm in the middle of a rather large project now. The first one I started on Mixbus, and with release 3.7 (or was it 3.5?) many of my plugins stopped working properly. So something happened somewhere (as it often does).

Which version of ardour is Mixbus on now? 4.x ? I see that Ardour 5.5 is claiming a lot of fixes since 4.x. But as far as I can tell softube and Plugin-alliance is failing there as well.

Mixbus 4 will be great, no doubt, with some sweet features, but right now I'll be very happy with just a handful of fixes. Smile
(12-15-2016, 03:39 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: You guys are requesting Surround for Post production right? not for Music.

I actually want to have a go on music as well. Or maybe you call it surround sound experience. I once was in the music museum in Vienna and at the time they had a 360 degree installation with some spherical music and fx there... very impressive. That's 15 years ago... man time flies...
My dream is to invite audiences into a planetarium and play some 3d music with some stars projections...
My new mixing/mastering room will get a surround setup.

Cheers,
MMM

(12-15-2016, 04:07 AM)Overmann Wrote: I'm really hoping that they release a 3.8 before 4.0, with fixes for plugin-alliance and Softube.
Mixbus 4 will be great, no doubt, with some sweet features, but right now I'll be very happy with just a handful of fixes. Smile

No offence intended... hey it's Christmas after all...
I am very happy I didn't have the chance to collect a big collection of (expensive) plugins before I met Mixbus... so I started out on Linux with Ardour and Mixbus was a revelation.
I did collect a lot of Linux-Plugins though (and there are very good ones around) but most of them are free and the more I use Mixbus (and Harrison plugins) the less 3rd party plugs I use per mix...
What I want to say: often enough it's sheer habit and the feeling to have paid a lot of money for it and therefore having to use it which makes someone adamant in having certain plugins in a mix.

Just my thoughts...
MMM
(12-15-2016, 06:48 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: No offence intended... hey it's Christmas after all...
I am very happy I didn't have the chance to collect a big collection of (expensive) plugins before I met Mixbus... so I started out on Linux with Ardour and Mixbus was a revelation.
I did collect a lot of Linux-Plugins though (and there are very good ones around) but most of them are free and the more I use Mixbus (and Harrison plugins) the less 3rd party plugs I use per mix...
What I want to say: often enough it's sheer habit and the feeling to have paid a lot of money for it and therefore having to use it which makes someone adamant in having certain plugins in a mix.

Just my thoughts...
MMM

I think you are correct, I do however NOT have a lot of plugins. I work as a singer and I don't make a lot of money doing it so I was very selective when buying the plugins that I would use for my recording and mixing work. I bought two, three compressors and EQ's and a handfull of guitar amp simulations from Plugin-alliance, a couple of long time favourites from softube (plugins that I've been using for years mixing in a local studio), and the soundtoys bundle. Apart from those I've bought some softsynths and some of the Harrison plugins when they've come on sale, but I mostly use them when I'm on my linux laptop.

I'd say that's comparatively few plugins, and after Mixbus started failing with them (please note that these plugins worked fine when I bought them and Mixbus), I cannot afford to get new ones just to risk them failing a couple of versions down the road.
(12-15-2016, 03:39 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: You guys are requesting Surround for Post production right? not for Music.

Music of course ! Live music !

who is not tired shit of those mono concerts while we have atmos at home !!

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Coming from Samplitude, I am a firm believer in using what the company has to offer. I like the reverb & delay that Harrison provides and have enjoyed my learning curve for fully adopting the Mixbus architecture. MB3 & MB32C Versions 3.7 are infinitely better than anything during the version 2 days. Stability is the greatest advancement as of late.
ASUS GL552VW || Win10 || i7 quadcore 2.6 GHz || 16GB RAM || Sound Devices USBPre 2 || Mixbus 32c 6.1