Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible (Minor) bug in MB 3.7
Hello, MB Support -

I think I just discovered a minor bug in MB 3.7 (Have not tried this with MB 32C).

Take any ole multi-track mix.
In the editor window, select all tracks via CNTL-A
Slide all tracks to the right a couple seconds.
Play back the mix.
Everything sounds good... except...

I had an automated fader associated with a mixbus that did not slide.
Only way to line that up where it should have occurred was to manually move
all of the control points in that automation track. I only had (4) to move so it
was not any big issue. But I was surprise that:
1) Those control points did not slide right with everything else and
2) I could not just slide that automation track to the right (something I haven't
tried to do before. I had to move each control point.

Other than that.... everything else in 3.7 seems to be working fabulously!

Cheers!
Patrick
There is an option to move automation with the regions; in other words, when you move a region on a track, it will also copy the automation points that overlap, and paste them where you move the region to; Since buses don't have 'regions' there was nothing for the automation to move with.

You probably wanted to do an "Insert Time" from the Edit menu. You can insert your extra time at the start of the session, and move "everything" ( regions, automations, and even your markers and tempo changes )

Note that you'll have to be showing the automation tracks in the editor, and make sure they are selected, because "insert time" only operates on the selected tracks.

Best,
-Ben
(12-11-2016, 08:26 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: There is an option to move automation with the regions; in other words, when you move a region on a track, it will also copy the automation points that overlap, and paste them where you move the region to; Since buses don't have 'regions' there was nothing for the automation to move with.

You probably wanted to do an "Insert Time" from the Edit menu. You can insert your extra time at the start of the session, and move "everything" ( regions, automations, and even your markers and tempo changes )

Note that you'll have to be showing the automation tracks in the editor, and make sure they are selected, because "insert time" only operates on the selected tracks.

Best,
-Ben

Hello, Ben -

Yeah... I've used the insert time feature in previous versions of MB.
What's in 3.7 seems to be a bit more extensive than what I used previously; I checked on all of the options and then noted that the
values in the clock fields were very strange... rather than both clock
values being 00:00:00:00 the start of session was something like
19:14:02:20 (ie., some random value) and wouldn't allow me to change it.
Rather than experiment with it (I was trying to get something done quickly)
I said "F-it - I can do this another way..." and proceeded to select all
tracks and their automation tracks and just slid them to the right.
The only component that did not slide was the single mixbus automation track I had in the mix.

Like I said... wasn't a biggie; I just thought it weird that that was not included with everything else.
Anyway... I'll re-try the operation using the insert time later this week
when I have some "play time".

Thanks for the reply!

Patrick
The initial values for the "Insert Time" clocks should be the selected Range;

But it should be manually editable as well. I'll try it here.

-Ben