Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export Stems Problem
Am attempting to export stems and getting intermittent errors. No error text if I run from command line but everything just freezes and the stem files remain at 44 bytes. When I use QJackCtrl to view jack debug it freezes and uses over 100% CPU. This does not happen everytime, I managed to export 6 tracks from a project but now not possible to export more.

Anybody had similar problems?
There are known problems on linux, using jack(2), when exporting. This is due to a problem with some versions of jack(2) when freewheeling ( i.e. exporting non-realtime )

Some workarounds might be:
1) find a distribution that uses jack(1) not jack(2); most people think that jack(2) is a new version of jack(1), but it is not; it is an alternate version that is more portable.
2) get a newer version of jack(2), and see if it solves the problem
3) try a realtime export instead: you can enable that in the Time span tab of the export dialog.
I've had this problem with Mixbus, all versions, using Jack1 on kxstudio 14.04. What I do is: (1) save session before any export; (2) attempt export; (3) if export hangs kill mixbus and restart; (4) attempt export after restart. In all cases this has worked, export never hung twice.
Strange has been working fine until today now cannot get it to work.
I have tried rebooting, only exporting one track at a time and everything else I can think of.....
Realtime export is greyed out so I cannot select.....
Fixed by downloading latest jack2 and compiling without dbus.
Odd thing is I have not changed anything and all worked until late this afternoon.....