Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are template files located?
Hi, couldn't find this info easily- thought I'd make a thread for it.

Anybody know where to find the template files for win7 and/or osx? (Tassy I'm looking in your directionSmile)

I'm moving a large project cross platform and trying to make it easy as possible...

Thanks!
On Win7, you'll find the template files at ~/AppData/Local/Mixbus/templates

On OSX, you'll find the template files at ~/.ardour2/templates ( the "." makes it a hidden folder so you'll have to know how to manage hidden files )

-Ben
Excellent, I knew it would take forever to find on my own and figured it would be hidden on OSX. Thanks Ben!
on Mac open a terminal window and type

mv .ardour2 ardour2
(05-04-2014, 04:31 PM)Topaz Wrote: on Mac open a terminal window and type

mv .ardour2 ardour2

Hmm Looks like a crash course how ruin a proper setup of Mixbus/Ardour.

What the command does is: it copies the directory to a new location and deletes the original

I have not tried it: maybe Ardour/Mixbus rebuilds the configuration files, Maybe it finds ardour2 as well.

Most likely your configuration is broken ....

A simpler less destructive way is : open finder, select your home folder and pres Go, select goto folder and type .ard.. Finder will autocomplete.

In the shell

cd enter ( =go home)
ls -al will show all folders including hidden ones

cd .ard <tab> and you are in .ardour2

ls -l : and you can see whats there

cat ardour.rc | more : and you can see the configuration parameters.
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
It's working find here :-)
(05-05-2014, 06:53 AM)Topaz Wrote: It's working find here :-)

Interesting : when you open a shell do you see a hidden (.ardour2) ardour2 map next to the one you created ?

shell : cd <enter> ls -al
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
yes, I see a hidden folder and a visible one.

why hide a template folder ?
Okay maybe I'm blind, but have they moved in el capitan or in v3? I can't for the life of me find them. I have several I want to get rid of. I have set finder to show hidden files. Not sure what I'm missing. Maybe Mixbus could be changed to store them in a non-hidden location in the future? I'm sure most people will eventually want to delete a couple of old templates.
Like you said I think it is hidden. I have already the shortcut on my desktop. [Image: Screenshot_2016_02_05_15_17_58.jpg]