Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus version 4
It seems like we are closer to a mixbus 4 release in the near future, as we are at version 3.7, I assume we're a few versions away until a 4.0 release,

I wonder if the DSP will be updated as it was from 2.5 to 3.0

It should be using Ardour 5.4 code and features

I think it would be cool if mixbus 4 was able to load sessions in ram, so we get fast playback and less errors due to large sessions on slow hard drives that can't keep up,I think that's why some get dsp issues, we would be able to load sessions on USB drives and network drives without performance issues.

And maybe only use dsp on third party plugins if there is audio on the time line and not use it when there is no audio on tracks, avid pro tools has a cool audio engine, but I understand mixbus is constantly emulating a console, I feel mixbus needs a better way of cpu management, but maybe I just need to choose my plugins wisely I'm running on a 2011 iMac with a i5 2400s, quad core, I find myself in the buffer settings of over 4000, just to avoid dsp overloads. Although I never max out my cpu so I know there's many factors outside of mixbus, that limit my performance, I will try how Linux goes with less hungry plugins.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk