• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The name of Mixbus32C
I do not think i am the only one
But the name Mixbus32C is so confusing
Is it 32 Bit ? 64 ?
is the next version Mixbus33C ?

specially when it came when the 3 band eq version was version 3 as well

and now i got an email : new 3.7 Great 3.7.20 i noted

and after 20 minutes another email : : I noticed a text change : and aha version change 3.7.27
deleted version 3.7.20 : updated to 3.7.27
I had not installed anything : and than i was looking for the 32 bit and 64 bit versions

aha 3.7.27 is the Bruce version : that is how i call 32C : or Mixbus-lavalamp
Two thing i do not share with Bruce : his liking of the Shure dynamic mikes, and lava lamps.
I have a daughter who is/was a pretty good singer : she prefers the same Shure as Bruce used for Mr. Jackson.
I guess that is puberty Wink

regards

Happy enjoying Mixbus and Mixbus-Lavalamp
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
The version numbers are slightly different, for this release.

Mixbus is 3.7.20, while Mixbus32C is 3.7.27
(11-04-2016, 10:50 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: The version numbers are slightly different, for this release.

Mixbus is 3.7.20, while Mixbus32C is 3.7.27

Yes i noticed very well !!

did not see the difference between small the Lava Lamp version

Anyhow thanks a lot for good work !!

Install and back to checking and my prep for Sunday concert : on Mixbus- lava lamp

My regards to the team !!
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(11-04-2016, 10:47 AM)Frank Wrote: Two thing i do not share with Bruce : his liking of the Shure dynamic mikes, and lava lamps.
I have a daughter who is/was a pretty good singer : she prefers the same Shure as Bruce used for Mr. Jackson.

In full agreement here regarding 'lava lamps'. Sure does add to the "Console Modeling" aspect eh!?

The Shures. Well.. Didn't Freddie Mercury use a Shure dynamic? Not to suggest that it's mandatory to hold one in eternal reverence though. Horses for courses I guess.
(11-04-2016, 08:07 PM)BigstevE Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 10:47 AM)Frank Wrote: Two thing i do not share with Bruce : his liking of the Shure dynamic mikes, and lava lamps.

In full agreement here regarding 'lava lamps'. Sure does add to the "Console Modeling" aspect eh!?

The Shures. Well.. Didn't Freddie Mercury use a Shure dynamic? Not to suggest that it's mandatory to hold one in eternal reverence though. Horses for courses I guess.

I think the Lava lamp was essential for the modelling of the 32C .

My daughter is stubborn enough that i am not allowed to advice her anything in the audio field. I am allowed to attend her concerts: on condition i do not : not even chatting with the FOH engineer..

Freddy used live an sm58 I remember. I did a live tap for them. Claire Brothers PA with a nice full parametric console : folded like a book. I do not remember a brand : Not Midas. Harrison ?
Soundcheck with nobody in the hall (Ahoy Rotterdam) even guards had to stand at the outside,
The top of the guitar FX rack carried a revox tape recorder. And one of the FX i remember an Eventide harmoniser controlled by pedal on stage.. Bohemian Rapsody tour.

Back to the new spectral compressor..

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

What's the difference between a spectral compressor and a multiband compressor?
A compressor alter the sound spectral doesn't.
@retro: the spectral compressor is a multi-band compressor, but with a few tweaks:

1) it is 18 bands, not 3 or 4. So it has a much finer sound for overall mixing
2) the plugin includes a lot of intelligence so you don't have to control the attack/release and ratio of every band
3) you can "focus" all 18 bands on a smaller part of the spectrum ( low, mid, high.... ) if you have a very specific problem to solve.

Generally, a multi-band compressor is a tool used on a track to fix a problem. For example if you have a mic with wind noise, you can filter the low end, but only trigger the filtering when the wind is blowing. Or you might use it to tame a shrill vocal.

The Multi-band compressor is a general-use device, whereas the De-Esser is designed specifically for DeEssing, and the Spectral Compressor is better suited as a final multiband mix compressor.

-Ben