Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LV2 Plugin problems
A few weeks ago I posted a thread regarding a problem with the guitarix GXAmplifier X plugin where the settings are not retained in Mixbus when going back to the start of a session.
I have now experienced the same problem with the "Infamous Lush Life" plugin. In this case it is not all of the settings it seems, I am going to do some more tests and download source code to see if I can identify the problem in the plugin.
I will also run some tests with other plugins to see if it is a general bug or just specific to certain ( since using Mixbus have not used many plugins as no longer needed ).
Is this perhaps an older session (started with Mixbus 3.3ish or so) and you did drag/drop copy plugins from one track to another? (in that case all plugins have the same ID and will override each others settings).

Plugin state is two-fold:
First there are "ports" (automatable parameters, which show up in the generic GUI and can also be used on automation lines). The value of those is saved by Mixbus and it should just work (part of the session file)
Plugins can also have "internal" state (usually only settable with the plugin-gui e.g. IR convolution samples) those are saved by the plugin. they go into <dession-dir>/plugins/<ID>/.....

The latter is/was a tad flawed, if the internal state changes, Mixbus does not know about it, so Mixbus won't ask you to explicitly save at session-close. Make sure to always save manually before quit.
This as recently been addressed http://lists.lv2plug.in/pipermail/devel-...01692.html upcoming Mixbus 3.7 supports it and some plugins moved, too.
I will look at the projects concerned again with 3.7 to see if I am still getting the same problems. Thanks for the info....
I have not seen Brummer (guitarix author) in a while, but I talk to Spencer (Lush Live, infamous plugins) almost on daily basis. If you still have the issue in a new Mixbus 3.7 session please let us know.

As for fixing up older sessions: one way to do so is to load the session in MB 3.7 remove the plugin(s) that didn't save the state and re-add them.
I will run some tests later today but seems still some problems with the "Lush Life" plugin. Some settings are lost when gui is reopened to further tweak parameters. As far as I can tell it may just be the panning is reset to centre.

I have spoken to Brummer as I have contributed some plugins to the guitarix project. He cannot replicate problem in Ardour 5 but Mixbus is based on an older version.

Will post results of further tests later today...
(11-18-2016, 04:40 AM)redeye Wrote: I will run some tests later today but seems still some problems with the "Lush Life" plugin. Some settings are lost when gui is reopened to further tweak parameters. As far as I can tell it may just be the panning is reset to centre.

It seems it was bug with that particular plugin. Can you compile those from git? If so it should be fixed now: https://github.com/ssj71/infamousPlugins
Yes I can compile.

Still have same issue with Guitarix, as you pointed out it does not happen if you do not use gui and just display params in the track......I have tried with the KXStudio build and the latest git.......

Thanks for the suggestions.
Great, new git build has sorted the problem with the Infamous plugins.