Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32bit unpack =same size and name as 64bit + fails-Solved
I tried installing the 32 bit Mixbus on three different 32 bit linux setups.
Including AVLinux Diehard, that has V2.5 preinstalled.
The expanded archive has the same name and size as the 64bit version,
which installs and runs well in 64bit linux.

If there is really just one archive, with some architcture detection going on,
I don't think it's working in all cases. I read in the ardour forum
of similar problems, same error message, with no posted solution.
The error that appears is

'!!! ERROR !!! Can't locate .size file for x86 bundle.
This package is broken or does not support x86'

Cheers
There are two versions, one 64bit and one 32bit. In your mail, which you received to install/update there are all the files linked. There is no architecture-detecting. I suppose you didn't download the right file.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(09-21-2016, 07:31 AM)sonik Wrote: There are two versions, one 64bit and one 32bit. In your mail, which you received to install/update there are all the files linked. There is no architecture-detecting. I suppose you didn't download the right file.
If you read my post a little slower, you'll note that I already installed the 64 bit version
in 64 bit systems, which are fine. So I downloaded the 32 bit version to use
in my 32 bit systems.

Mixbus-3.6.0-32bit.tar size 93,194,240

When that archive is expanded, it produces

Mixbus_64bit-3.6.0.run

The sizes both the 32 and 64 bit archives are the same,
and the .run files they produce bare the same name and size.

Lap 2...
@micksedan: please write our support email (mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com) and we can provide the correct link. I vaguely remember this error from a few weeks ago. I thought we fixed it, but it must still be in the system somewhere.
(09-22-2016, 07:37 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @micksedan: please write our support email (mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com) and we can provide the correct link. I vaguely remember this error from a few weeks ago. I thought we fixed it, but it must still be in the system somewhere.
Thanks, boss. Go Titans!
Cheers
(09-24-2016, 01:47 AM)micksedan Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 07:37 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @micksedan: please write our support email (mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com) and we can provide the correct link. I vaguely remember this error from a few weeks ago. I thought we fixed it, but it must still be in the system somewhere.
Thanks, boss. Go Titans!
Cheers
Got the 32 bit version working with the U-he collection, which install
32 and 64 bit versions. Now I need to dig up 32 bit versions of the regular linux repository collection. Probably can do reinstalls in 32 bit AVlinux, and grab
them out of the cache
Cheers