Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32c: Show EQ/Filter adjustments in numbers on the channel strip
Hey!

Is it just me who's missing the functionality to actually see the adjustments (in plain numbers) when I turn a knob in the EQ/Filter-section?
Mixbus displays the current digit value instead of the channel strip's name when you touch any of the knobs. Same behaviour for 32c EXCEPT for the Mixer/Filter section which, to me, seems kind of inconsistent.

Also, tooltips don't seem to work with 32c when hovering over any button on the in the eq-section on the channel strip, which would be pretty helpful, since the interface isn't self-explanatory at all.

I'm using KXStudio and tested this with the latest 32c demo version (3.6).

Are these bugs, missing features or broken settings?
(09-14-2016, 11:29 AM)MaxDamage Wrote: Are these bugs, missing features or broken settings?

None of them, sort of.

The Mixbus32C EQs are modeled after the real analog EQs, down to the smallest capacitor. This means that the parameters acts as in a real analog console and this numbers are somewhat meaningless. In an analog system, all other settings will change a little bit when you turn one knob. You can probably imagine what will happen with a lo mid frequency value if the hi mid one starts to overlap it. It's therefore very difficult and at least quite meaningless to use digital values on this knobs.

That said, it is said somewhere else in this forum that they are looking at it and tries to see if they can come up with a solution. Personally, I don't care and let my ears decide. The analogue style is the thing I like best with Mixbus.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox