Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
accurate stem printing?
If one is printing stems through the stereo bus will they be delayed the same?
I've been copying a sharp transient near the start of each group before being bounced so I can line them back up when they're re-imported.
Is there a more elegant or accurate way to make sure they are aligned dead accurate?
Cheers
-Matt
If you bounce them through the master bus, they should be delayed the same. If you bounce them all from mixbus direct outs, they should all be the same. If you bounce them all from "tracks", they should all be the same.

I think you would have problems, though, if you bounced some items from track direct outputs, and some from mixbus direct outs.

Let me know if this doesn't match what you are finding.
Yes metrobot - if you have a chance can you reply with your findings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
What I had found is that some of the stems were delayed differently.
Would this be due to the plug-ins on each mix bus?
I bounced 2 stems: guitars and drums. Each through a mixbus and out the master
I had put a snare sample on beat 2 of each track before I had bounced them when I re-imported the the filss I lined up the transients of the two stems and the drums were slightly but audibly ahead of the beat so i had to nudge it by ear.
not ideal. Huh
Hmm, do you mean "Export" or "bounce"? What did you select as the source (jack port) for the export and/or bounce?

Can you tell me exactly how you created the stems and then imported them?
Hi Ben. I'd mute the rest of the of the tracks and export the session.
when i tried bouncing the selected regions nothing would happen.
The export would go out the master bus but i didn't select any jack ports. just out the main-outs.
Hmm, I can't think of any reason that would cause a problem. Perhaps it is a bug. I'll see if I can recreate it here.
(04-08-2014, 09:50 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hmm, I can't think of any reason that would cause a problem. Perhaps it is a bug. I'll see if I can recreate it here.

Cheers Ben