Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(solved) Export
I seem to be having problems with Export. It now stalls completely. I've tried this with sessions I previously exported successfully with no luck Undecided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On Linux, JACK is a common cause of problems when exporting. If you are using JACK, you might try using the ALSA backend for exporting.
(08-05-2016, 12:06 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: On Linux, JACK is a common cause of problems when exporting. If you are using JACK, you might try using the ALSA backend for exporting.

Yes, I did that and it worked thanks. I'll need to fiddle with Jack again.. Grr!

is this solved? how do I use ALSA in lieu of Jack?

After an update this morning i can't export a thing
OK, I was able to connect via ALSA and export, but I couldn't hear anything and I don't know how to connect my FireWire cards in ALSA.
(08-06-2016, 05:21 PM)hhtt Wrote: OK, I was able to connect via ALSA and export, but I couldn't hear anything and I don't know how to connect my FireWire cards in ALSA.
I've not solved the Jack problem. ALSA works if I stop JACK and then open Mixbus. Jack works for audio but still no export :-\

Sent from my PMP5580C using Tapatalk
(08-06-2016, 06:18 PM)Plumocelot Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 05:21 PM)hhtt Wrote: OK, I was able to connect via ALSA and export, but I couldn't hear anything and I don't know how to connect my FireWire cards in ALSA.
I've not solved the Jack problem. ALSA works if I stop JACK and then open Mixbus. Jack works for audio but still no export :-\

Ok, I fixed it. The latest Jack update broke the Jack Freewheeling driver. I got a newer jack and compiled it from git. Will post what I did later after I test it.

(08-07-2016, 10:36 AM)Plumocelot Wrote:
(08-06-2016, 06:18 PM)Plumocelot Wrote:

Ok, I fixed it. The latest Jack update broke the Jack Freewheeling driver. I got a newer jack and compiled it from git. Will post what I did later after I test it.

So what I did was to compile a newer JACK from the git repository.

There's a tutorial here: http://joergsorge.de/blog/?p=9

My slight caveat here is that when I got to this point in configuring, I swapped out some lines as I did not want the dbus option and I am not using Firewire here but a usb Focusrite.

./waf configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --classic --alsa --dbus --firewire

I missed out the options in bold - If you are using QJackcl instead of Cadence like me then you might include it (I am guessing),

Anyone with better Linux chops than me care to clarify or confirm. I hope it helps anyone else who got stuck as it was a real head scratcher for me.

Plum