Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toggle switch between speakers A and B
I would like to have to monitor outs with different processors as have most of the basic monitor controllers. And a switch to toggle them.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(06-18-2016, 06:39 AM)sonik Wrote: I would like to have two monitor outs with different processors as have most of the basic monitor controllers. And a switch to toggle them.

+1

Different processors is different plug ins i assume.
It is common practise to have a small speaker system and a big

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Sorry for the mistake, i wanted to say two (2) and not "to", but i think you got it.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
The toggle monitor outs part is easy using the Monitor, and switching the outs. But you knew that.

I'm sure one could create two "trees" of processors using the pin connection feature, and with a single enable/disable of a dummy processor (a unity gain or whatever), switch between the trees.
But that's a pain to set up, doesn't scale well, and isn't really a great solution.
Just thinking out loud...
(06-18-2016, 07:28 AM)dustinnr Wrote: The toggle monitor outs part is easy using the Monitor, and switching the outs. But you knew that.

I'm sure one could create two "trees" of processors using the pin connection feature, and with a single enable/disable of a dummy processor (a unity gain or whatever), switch between the trees.
But that's a pain to set up, doesn't scale well, and isn't really a great solution.
Just thinking out loud...

Under Linux Fons Adriansen's zita-mu1 is quite good for that.
http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxa...guide.html
I, however, prefer a hardware solution with multiple sources/destinations and a big volume knob. ATM I'm happy with my Behringer
http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Be...SB/p/P0AEI as a cheap(-ish) solution,
but since I got my Firestudio 26x26 back from repair I might use the Presonus MSR as it will have only 1 cat5 cable for connection. Less clutter is always welcome!

MMM
It's actually while looking at the zita mu1 that i thought it would be great to have that integrated.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
I have a JBL MSC-1 that is pretty handy. It's actually not use right now as I don't have a room set up anymore. But it allowed you to have 2 sets of monitors and switch between them. Can't remember if you can use the room correction on both. But even if not having set tuned to the room and a second "untuned" set isn't a bad idea anyway.