Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32c Interim Release Before Price Goes Up?
(06-11-2016, 10:58 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 10:41 PM)jih64 Wrote: After using MB3, it's fairly obvious what the real reason is to the question why there are no demo's, and that conclusion is a fairly unanimous consensus between people outside these forums. Sad to say, but true non the less.

Oh, oh, oh... your opinion is one thing you are entitled to, but allegations should not be made in a public forum.
How about we say: Mixbus is not for everyone and those for who Mixbus is not maybe the people who must, for which reason ever, have dozens of plugins from different vendors on every track.

MMM
Eveyone knows there is no demo because of poor plugin support! Look at the interim releases. We can't use plugins because that option is turned off!
(06-12-2016, 10:23 AM)Bakhano Wrote: Perhaps users can post the names of plugins that won't work with Mixbus - then we would have points of reference for a more productive dialog. If there are things that are not working, it would be in everyone's best interest to know about it, I think.
You could also expand this and have a thread with plugins that are reported to work and one with those that are not supported.

I'm using Linux so my option of plugins is pretty limited to OvertoneDSP and Loomer (LinuxDSP is discontinued and I think some of their plugins are now available through Overtone and the rest is gone ?) for 3rd party plugins (since the x42 and Harrison plugins are build-in I don't consider them to be 3rd party plugins).

I don't know if there are more out there, and at the moment I don't need them. I'm a hobby user with limited experience and knowledge so for people like me helpful posts with supported and un-supported plugins are always welcome.

Oh, and the folks at MixCoach claim you don't really need all those plugins to make good mixes Big Grin

So if the mods are listening, how about a Supported and Unsupported plugins sticky in various forums (Windows, mac and Linux) ?
MIX3US 32C | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 | Debian GNU/Linux with OpenBox
[Image: 4280.png]
Right now I don't know of any plugin that does not work at all. BUT I lately experienced a problem with Waves-Plugins: If you try to write automation for a parameter with a MIDI-controller then only controller moves that go up are recorded. At least under Windows. May anybody try to reproduce this?

Inserting a third party plugin to the monitor processors may lead to a crash or you can not insert other plugins anymore until you reload the project. Don't know yet if this relates to a particular plugin.

Lately I edit region gain a lot by first selectin a region, switching to the draw tool and then move the region volume up or down "just like they do it in the movies" ;-) But many, many times it does not change the region automation at the chosen track, but on another track. After undoing that and deselecting the region I start again and maybe the second or third time it works.

Right-clicking a plugin in the mixer sometimes crashes Mixbus. Especially when I try to delete it... but this also does not happen every time...

So these are four major problems I had with Mixbus 32c in the last couple of days. Please stop bashing people like scalawag who are pointing their fingers to the downsides. I love Mixbus for what it is, but sometimes I'd like to have my money back for what it shouldn`t be. No wonder people are guessing that there is no demo because it is buggy... it was worse in the past but it still ain't THAT stable. At least not under Windows.
Yes I agree with Mixcoach ppl. You don't need a lot of plugins. Truth be told in any DAW we use, we don't need a lot of Plugins to make a very good song. Learning the tool and learning technics from other user is much more important than collecting plugins. I bought UAD just for the sake of having extra DSP. If I was like a person who bought UAD for the sake of its sound, I would be disappointed. I was doing intensive demoing and inside Harrison Mixbus 32 I have concluded that I don't need 90% of UAD console emulation. It is like running two summing engine. I'm not disappointed cause I'm already satisfied with Harrison in terms of quality. However, I have found UAD to be useful for the FX unit. echo, delay e.tc. and surgical EQ which is also important. My native Reverberate liquid sonic will run on my computer. Don't get me wrong UAD is good but if I have to chose between lookahead and la2a, I will chose look ahead compressor. If it is for the character to bring the vocal in your face, I will chose la2a. But they both do the job with great quality. While lookahead compressor doesn't hurt the low frequency la2a does. That is another fact which makes it sound in your face. so I will use EQ on top of lookahead compressor and satisfied. Sorry for the rant

Knowing those tools is better than collecting them. I finally understands and realised how good the Harrison Mixbus limiter is. If I had to tell someone as an advice, I would tell them to invest on a very good room and a pair of monitors. The other stuff is up to that person.

(06-12-2016, 11:39 AM)Daniel Ammon Wrote: Lately I edit region gain a lot by first selectin a region, switching to the draw tool and then move the region volume up or down "just like they do it in the movies" ;-) But many, many times it does not change the region automation at the chosen track, but on another track. After undoing that and deselecting the region I start again and maybe the second or third time it works.
I share that bug with you. kind of irritating right? that only happens with me if the tracks are grouped together.
(06-12-2016, 09:58 AM)scalawag Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 10:58 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 10:41 PM)jih64 Wrote: After using MB3, it's fairly obvious what the real reason is to the question why there are no demo's, and that conclusion is a fairly unanimous consensus between people outside these forums. Sad to say, but true non the less.

Oh, oh, oh... your opinion is one thing you are entitled to, but allegations should not be made in a public forum.
How about we say: Mixbus is not for everyone and those for who Mixbus is not maybe the people who must, for which reason ever, have dozens of plugins from different vendors on every track.

MMM
Eveyone knows there is no demo because of poor plugin support! Look at the interim releases. We can't use plugins because that option is turned off!
Plugins are supported on interims, they are actually one big reason for the interims to exist. You probably confuse this with control surface support, which was disabled until it was stable enough to be unlocked.
MMM

Sent from my PNDPP4MT9G3 using Tapatalk
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Peace
Love
&
Mixbus
Windows 10, Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro, UAD 2 octo, http://www.youtube.com/user/NikosPitloglou/videos
(06-12-2016, 07:35 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Plugins are supported on interims, they are actually one big reason for the interims to exist.

Actually, 3rd -party plugins are only supported on interim releases if one has already purchased Mixbus.

That is why I was indicating in the OP that I had used an interim release as a method to demo Mixbus before I purchased it.

But, since an interim release of Mixbus32C does not exist yet, that method does not even exist for Mixbus32C.
(06-13-2016, 05:07 PM)brucerothwell Wrote: Actually, 3rd -party plugins are only supported on interim releases if one has already purchased Mixbus.

Aha, I never tried it unlicensed...

(06-13-2016, 05:07 PM)brucerothwell Wrote: But, since an interim release of Mixbus32C does not exist yet, that method does not even exist for Mixbus32C.

Probably because the interim releases were never meant to be test versions but were bugfixes for customers. 32C is basically the same like MB 3.3, just with 4 more buses and a different EQ section, so if a plugin runs in MB3 it will run in 32C.

MMM
[Image: ZAs_Fj5a9p0.jpg]
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
Looks like somebody has been handing out illegal copies
and the receivers complain..

Angry
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1