Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32c: MIDI note-on not sent at 00:00:00
I just bought Mixbus32c. I immediately noticed that MIDI does not send note-on events for regions that start at 00:00:00. Note-on events only get sent when the MIDI region starts after the beginning of a session. This makes using Mixbus32c awkward for MIDI use. Is there a fix for this?
Since no one has replied to your thread I will give it a go:

This is normal in Ardour where Mixbus and Mixbus32c are built from. I have always had this same issue both in Ardour and Mixbus and it did drive me a bit nuts at the time. Later I discovered that it's good practice to leave "blank" or silent time before a song starts, usually about 2 seconds. What I usually do now, is I leave one whole measure blank and record my click just for the empty measure (when I don't want to hear the click through the whole song) and then lay everything from that point (midi, tracks, etc) without moving the start marker, if you really need the midi note to be sent at the very start of 00:00:00 the best thing you can do is just drag the very same first note(s) located on that time (00:00:00) to the right (microscopically but without audible latency) and they will sound, because those notes seem to be cut by the midi region itself at that point, all they need is a tiny gap from the start of the region, from there on it's no problem, all notes sound even if placed right on the start of the region.

Hope that helps...

Just a sidenote:

Bob Katz explained to me that some mastering engineers love it when you provide them with many seconds of silence, because even that silence contains some noise, the mastering engineers can use that as a fingerprint to reverse the polarities and subtract the noise from your material.
Joe Giampaoli
===============
Never tie a ship to a single anchor
nor life to a single hope...