Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
audio setup "bypass"
Hi, I did not find an answer to this.

Is there any way to bypass the audio midi setup window when opening mixbus? I mean if is there any way it remembers last configuration and it does not show every time I open mixbus. It took a non short time to show and it is a real pain to wait till it shows and for closing it.

Thanks
If you are satisfied with the current settings then you can click "Enter" which defaults to "OK" and continues past the dialog immediately.

In the newest Mixbus versions, we have added some checks so that some actions (such as switching snapshots) no longer shows the audio setup dialog.

Best,
-Ben
(06-03-2016, 04:29 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: If you are satisfied with the current settings then you can click "Enter" which defaults to "OK" and continues past the dialog immediately.

In the newest Mixbus versions, we have added some checks so that some actions (such as switching snapshots) no longer shows the audio setup dialog.

Best,
-Ben

Thanks Ben for replying,

anyway in my audio midi setup windows does not appear a "Enter" choice, just "Close" or "OK".
The version is 3.3.15 for 32 bits. It always shows the audio midi window at starting, so do you think is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance
When the window appears, the "OK" button is pre-selected as the active button. so clicking "Enter" on the keyboard should skip right by it, if you know your settings are what you want.

3.3.72 ( available in our "interim release" subforum ) will skip past the Audio Midi Setup window in some specific cases.

Best,
-Ben
Thanks Ben, I will try it
Here's some advanced mode to achieve this:

There is a hidden option in the configuration file (on windows: %localappdata%\mixbus3\config ) which is a text/xml file:

Code:
<Option name="try-autostart-engine" value="0"/>

Close Mixbus, edit the file (make a backup copy just in case), set it to "1".

It is intentionally not exposed because changing a preference requires running Mixbus which needs an engine. There are a couple of ways to shoot oneself in the foot: e.g. auto-start engine, instant speaker-blasting feedback...

PS setting the environment variable TRY_AUTOSTART_ENGINE also does this trick.
(06-07-2016, 10:52 AM)x42 Wrote: Here's some advanced mode to achieve this:

There is a hidden option in the configuration file (on windows: %localappdata%\mixbus3\config ) which is a text/xml file:

Code:

It is intentionally not exposed because changing a preference requires running Mixbus which needs an engine. There are a couple of ways to shoot oneself in the foot: e.g. auto-start engine, instant speaker-blasting feedback...

PS setting the environment variable TRY_AUTOSTART_ENGINE also does this trick.

Thanks infinite, Ben!!!
This was the real trick, it works fine
awesome.
(06-07-2016, 10:52 AM)x42 Wrote: Here's some advanced mode to achieve this:

There is a hidden option in the configuration file (on windows: %localappdata%\mixbus3\config )  which is a text/xml file:

Code:

PS setting the environment variable  TRY_AUTOSTART_ENGINE  also does this trick.

Hey Thx for this, but it does not seem to work on MB V8.... Any Suggestions?

Thx, Jeff
Newest version of Mixbus Win 10 pro 64 bit  i9 20 core 48 gigs RAM
I prefer having the dialogue shown. It is practical.

Takes a fraction os a second to click OK so why skit it? Just makes the software more complicated
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,