Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32c and X Touch
I've just hooked up my new X Touch to Mixbus 3 and am having some fun, and also some frustrations, but that's to be expected. BTW, it is NOT clear in the X Touch quickstart that you need to set the device for midi or usb. Hold down channel 1 select on power up to get to settings. Anyhow, is anyone using it with 32C? I'm curious as to how they have setup the EQ as there are only 8 knobs.
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm kinda new the MIDI controller thing and am thinking about getting an X-Touch. I assumed that with MIDI learn, you can just assign the knobs to whatever control is selected on the channel strip. Click on a knob and it should function. But I could be wrong.
@Resistorman: we have not yet updated the MCU protocol to control the new EQ bands and bus-sends, but that is underway for the next update.

@Darth Kazi: when using the MCU mode, the channelstrip EQs and compressors are pre-configured for those tasks; the MCU mode is separate from MIDI Learn. You can learn more about the MCU mode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoNzXnUNrDQ

Best,
-Ben
(05-24-2016, 02:36 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Resistorman: we have not yet updated the MCU protocol to control the new EQ bands and bus-sends, but that is underway for the next update.

@Darth Kazi: when using the MCU mode, the channelstrip EQs and compressors are pre-configured for those tasks; the MCU mode is separate from MIDI Learn. You can learn more about the MCU mode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoNzXnUNrDQ

Best,
-Ben

I played around with the X-Touch and 32c a few weeks back. the EQ worked on the bands I tried it on. The only thing that was curious to me as a control surface newbie was that the left/right config of the knobs was "reversed". So on X-Touch the left knob controlled gain, while the knob to the right of it controlled frequency...

Ted
I love the integration between my X-Touch and Mixbus. Yes with Mixbus 32 it needs some tweaking, but none-the-less it is already awesome!

To me, half the appeal of Mixbus is the sound, the other half is the control surface control which feels very much like working with an actual console. It's a main reason I'm here.
I just picked up the X-Touch, did the setup as MC and USB but get nothing. I get to the point of choosing the X-Touch in the drop down menu under Preferences, Control Interfaces but can't choose "X-Touch-Int" under the drop down menu. I've tried it with and without my interface (Profire 2626) connected thinking there might be an issue but the result is the same. Any suggestions or tips on resolving this? Thanks

C
Nevermind, I figured it out myself. For those who decide to get the X-Touch later here is what i did to resolve my issue. For some reason the firmware wasn't acting right so i had to reinstall it.

(This is under Windows 7)

1. Hold down "Display" on XTouch and turn unit on. You should see version displayed on screen. Should look something like this "UP 15.1 1.03" depending on what your current version is.
2. reinstalled firmware (Don't install firmware with Google Chrome open, it will give a midi error because GC likes to use midi channels). There was one more midi error that was popping up. This is an issue with Win7 and Win10. Right click on the "Speaker" icon on the lower right by "Time/Date", choose "Sounds", click on the "Recording" tab, click on "Stereo" or "Stereo Mix" and set as "Default", click "Apply" and then "OK". I was using "Midi-OX" to install the firmware. These are the steps i used to reinstall the XTouch firmware:

( https://musicgroup-prod.mindtouch.us/04_...X-Touch%3F )

3. Rebooted
a. Once PC is booted up then turn on XTouch to configure for MixBus. Hold down channel 1 "Select" button and turn on.
b. On the encoder knobs on top of the XTouch, set channel 1 to "MC". For channel 2 set it to "USB".
c. To save settings, press the "Select" button on channel 1.
d. Recycle power and XTouch is ready to use.

4. Turn on your audio interface (I have a Profire 2626), XTouch and then MixBus 32C.
5. In MixBus 32C go to "Edit", scroll down to "Preferences" and click to open up "Preferences"
6. Look for the "Control Surfaces" tab and click on it.
7. Click on "Mackie" and then check the "Enable" box. Leave the other box unchecked.
8. Now double click on the "Mackie" line and the "Configuration" box will pop up.
9. Look for "Device Type" and click on drop down menu next to it and choose "Behringer XTouch".
a. Under "Device Type" is "Surface Sends Via". Click on drop down menu and choose "X-Touch".
b. Go down to "Surface Receives Via", click on the drop down menu and choose "X-Touch".
c. Last step is click on "Discover Mackie Devices". This is where the X-Touch will be discovered and the faders will jump up to "0".
d. Close out "Configuration" window and "Preferences" window.

Hope this helps anyone having issues using XTouch with MixBus 32C.

Have FUN!!

C
Wow, good job. Thanks for posting!
No worries Ben. Glad to help.

C