Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo button does not mute a certain track...
Music 
Hello, longtime Ardour user, and now finally getting Mixbus setup and very happy with it.

The only significant problem I've had is that I have one session where whenever I solo any track, track 5 continues to play through the assigned busses and the master channel. I have looked at the signal routing on both qjackctl as well as the Audio Connections in MB3.

There was a mysterious third channel in addition to left and right outs for track 5, however this does not seem to be connected to anything. I have deleted the third out, but it didnt change anything.

Also, the master doesn't even show up in Audio Connecitons or qjackctl connections. Is that supposed to be the case?

I was convinced this was some boneheaded mistake on my part, but after looking at the routing, I'm scratching my head.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Check CH 5 is not solo isolated..manual here...

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...?q=isolate
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
You gotta love the manual
I have found the parts that tell you how to activate solo isolate or solo safe.
Anybody found the part that tells you how soloing behaves if you do that ?
Solo-safe (aka. Solo-lock) locks the current solo state. No matter what happens the current state is retained and the solo-button itself is insensitive.

Solo-isolate overrides the implicit mute with solo-in-place mode. Soloing Track A implies muting Track B, unless Track B has solo-isolate set.

PS. you can also right-click on the Solo button to en/disable either option.
(05-19-2016, 10:04 AM)x42 Wrote: Solo-safe (aka. Solo-lock) locks the current solo state. No matter what happens the current state is retained and the solo-button itself is insensitive.

Solo-isolate overrides the implicit mute with solo-in-place mode. Soloing Track A implies muting Track B, unless Track B has solo-isolate set.

PS. you can also right-click on the Solo button to en/disable either option.

Thanks x42 Big Grin
Is it me being dumb, not being able to find that explanation in the manual ?
Well, you solved MY problem... It's a feature I never ever thought to utilize and totally glossed it over in the manual. I was convinced it was in the routing, even telling myself I could hear phasing issues in the mixdowns. Clearly not the case.

Rather than complain about the manual I will file under "testimony of the richness of features."

You my hero, DINGO!