Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying Linux
I got Mixbus and 32c working. I installed the Linux vst's of the Overtone plugs but I don't know where to find them so I can point Mixbus to them. I'm using Ubuntu with the Ubuntu Studio packages and low latency kernel. Where do plugins install to?
VST plugins normally install into a hidden directory in your home folder.

~/.vst

Mixbus should find them if you do a plugin scan.
(05-13-2016, 10:41 PM)Gil Navarro Wrote: I got Mixbus and 32c working. I installed the Linux vst's of the Overtone plugs but I don't know where to find them so I can point Mixbus to them. I'm using Ubuntu with the Ubuntu Studio packages and low latency kernel. Where do plugins install to?

Did you use the .deb package ?
if so I think they are in the "default" location, try re-scanning the plugins in Mixbus.

If you use the installer then you should be provided a screen where you can select where they are saved (I use $HOME/vst and added that to the Mixbus settings).

I think mixbus by default doesn't scan for new plugins every time you start it so you'll need to do it manually (or set it to scan every time).

Hope this helps.

Oh,
if you know the filename there is a way to search for the files.

first do : sudo updatedb
then : locate FILENAME

you do this in a terminal window (incase you didn't know).

the first command should ask for your root/admin password and will index all files on your system. If you don't add sudo it will be done as regular uses and I think you'll get some permission errors. (you only need to do this to find new files that were added after the last time you ran updatedb)

the second command is the actual search command.
MIX3US 32C | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 | Debian GNU/Linux with OpenBox
[Image: 4280.png]
(05-13-2016, 10:41 PM)Gil Navarro Wrote: I got Mixbus and 32c working. I installed the Linux vst's of the Overtone plugs but I don't know where to find them so I can point Mixbus to them.

When you installed the OverTones plugins, you did choose the path if you used the installation program. Anyway, you have to update Mixbus' VST cache, so go to "Preferences" (ALT+p) and choose the Plugins tab, there you can both add or edit the Linux VST paths and you must choose "Scan for Plugins" if you want to update the VST cache.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Thanks for the info. When I'm back in studio I'll try the rescan