Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for tutorial on using mixbus as a console for online streaming
Hey all.

I'm looking for a Mixbus guru to possibly steer me in the right direction to use Mixbus as a software based console for streaming online video. I want to use it to control and direct multiple inputs (video, music, game, mic, teamspeak, skype) into a single stream for Open Broadcaster to send out to a streaming service (Twitch). Each channel would be mapped to an input for each application using Virtual Audio Cable. I have a basic idea but i'm not proficient in the software to get it all to jive.

I know it may seem like overkill but it would be an excellent option to use in this manner and it would be useful in future streaming endeavors.

Thanks a ton to anyone who has the know-how and the time to create such a post. I will completely understand if this is a request that can't be met, but I had to at least ask.

Thanks again,

Tom
Hello Tom,

That sounds like quite an endeavor! Smile We would like to make a video on using multiple devices with Mixbus, but we simply can't account for all of the audio interfaces / devices / software that users own. You came to the right place though, as our forum brings together many Mixbus users with different setups / scenarios.

You can use the JACK software routing interface that is included with Mixbus to get audio routed virtually. At this time, we support JACK virtual routing on Mac OSX, but it is possible on Windows with the latest version of JACK. We have a YouTube video that details how to interface other audio software with Mixbus using JACK. This might help you reverse-engineer the same method in other software: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJKSImri0vA

I'm assuming that you are wanting to stream PC games? If you are planning on doing all of this routing on the computer that you play games - your system could get quite bogged down. Because Mixbus is virtual console with "always-on" DSP, it can be processor-intensive. I recommend using a dedicated machine for Mixbus in this manner. You can also use Skype, Teamspeak, etc on this dedicated machine, while receiving the audio from the gaming PC (or console) through an audio interface.

There are expensive, dedicated solutions for the workflow you are trying to achieve, but with a little research, you should be able to get this working with Mixbus...at least on the audio side. I'm assuming you are using something different for the video (a capture card?). Hopefully some other users can chime in on their experiences. I will do some testing on my side to see if there is any way I can help you further.

Thanks,

Tim