Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nomad factory sale at dontcrack.com
Specially Magma is something you don't have to miss.
(05-11-2016, 04:02 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: Specially Magma is something you don't have to miss.

Thanks a lot for the heads up. dontcrack promos rules and this is no exception.

Magma offer is awesome and the $99 price tag for the Integral Studio Pack III is also a ridiculous no-brainer Tongue

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info....cts_id=898
MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
I am sore tempted by this, and I had some 32bit NF plugins I really loved in my previous DAW
BUT
In the world of MB3 I am not sure I still need the nice "tubey" kind of sound NF plugs provide.

Would love to hear comments.
(05-11-2016, 09:30 PM)blakkshepe Wrote: I am sore tempted by this, and I had some 32bit NF plugins I really loved in my previous DAW
BUT
In the world of MB3 I am not sure I still need the nice "tubey" kind of sound NF plugs provide.

Would love to hear comments.

I went for both Integral Studio Pack III and Magma.

About ISP III, If you consider that you are getting all kinds and flavours of plugins you can dream about for 2/3 of the price of a regular parametric EQ, that alone would justify the investment IMHO.

I like the sound of NF plugs and I think they can complement MB internal resources in a very interest way, specially considering the fact that they all run smooth, with no DSP peaks or UI flaws, unlike other brands.

About Magma, the fact that this promo places it as the most affordable VST host int the market today speaks for itself, let alone 61 fx that comes bundled with it. And it works with MB32c Beautifully!
MacMini M1 16gb RAM - MacOS 13.6.6 - Apollo silver +  Apollo 16 silver w/Thunderbolt & Satellite OCTO Thunderbolt - SSL UF8/UC1 - Softube Console 1/Fader - UAD v11.2 - Mixbus 10 Pro ARM
I agree back then when the owner was in hospital I think I paid 150 or 200 as a way of donations and I have called it a steal. But this, hey it doesn't take a magician to show me what I get. These days, it is so hard to get one plugin you like. But you will get so many of them and it will be hard not to find one plugin for go to. Magma watch it for yourself their method of Demo is second to none. I have bought that baby for 79 USD it worth every penny.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Well, I sprung for the ISP III and I am glad I did. I had forgotten how sweet these plugs are and even though there are at least 20 I will never use, I still reckon it is a bargain. The best thing about these plugs is how easy it is to get a good result. They just respond how I expect and the fact that they sound good is a super bonus. My VST folder is filling up again - I may have to cull some of the less useful duplicates. Like Harrison's own G-Verb. The only dud from Harrison - it sounds good on its own but never, ever, seems to sit right in a mix.

Nice to have some more 'character' compressors and EQ's too.
I would love to be able to group plugins together as 'compressor' or 'reverb' to make it easy to find them. Maybe an FR but persistence between plugin scans would be a headache.

OK, so sell me on magma. Why do I need even MORE plugins? At this stage it doesn't support 3rd party plugins. correct ?
Magma has around 60 effect units built in to it. It acts like effect rack mount. Similar to Slate virtual mix rack but Nomad did it long time ago. In the studio pack there are a few FX that I go directly like the chorus effect, oil can, I prefer using Nomad than other tools. But this baby Magma has a good distortion unit which is amazingly perfect for Bass. the delay effect is fantastic for vocal and other instruments. I gotta say if you have the studio pack and like it, Magma you will love it.

Some companies the strip down and sell plugins individually with a price of 20 on sale 100 regular. What Nomad did was gave you a choice for 150 but right now 40 bucks is nothing. Last time waves send me on my mail boxy distortion unit on sale for 30 bucks and I just laughed. Magma costed me 70 something it doesn't cost me 5 percent of what waves is offering me on sale. I can do much better thing with Magma than waves distortion character. magma has like 4 types. reverb 4typs delay echo like that. flexibly routing with in itself to create your own FX.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OK, you win ! Downloading now.
I've had Magma and other Nomad Factory plugs for a long time... they are great. I've had issues with Magma in Samplitude, but that is NOT unusual.
(05-12-2016, 03:38 AM)blakkshepe Wrote: At this stage it doesn't support 3rd party plugins. correct ?

The last version of Magna supports 3rd party VST plugins and it works beautifully!

Just a sidenote: You get a extra 5% discount in this already ridiculous low price if you bundle ISP III and Magna in one buy Big Grin